• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ App, where will it be available?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I can't seem to find a definitive source on this and was hoping someone knows it will be on Apple TV or Comcast X1?  The only confirmed devices I found were LG TV's, Samsung TV's,  Roku and Amazon Fire  devices (this was just recently announced).

Edited by Xenosmilus

From this article: https://collider.com/how-to-watch-disney-plus/

So how do you actually watch Disney+? The streaming service is available to view on the following devices on launch day:

• Desktop web browsers
  • Android mobile devices
  • Android TV
  • Apple TV
  • Chromebooks
  • Chromecast and Chromecast-enabled devices
  • Fire TV streaming devices
  • Fire TV Edition smart TVs
  • Fire Tablets
  • iPads
  • iPhones
  • LG TVs
  • Samsung TVs and devices
  • Sony PlayStation 4
  • Sony Smart TVs
  • Roku players
  • Roku TV
  • Xbox One
Edited by Cozmo-One

The app is still not up in the app store. 

I looked for it on Apple TV, iPhone, and the iPad.  (Updates for apps sometimes appear in their respective stores for their respective devices at different times.)

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I looked for it on Apple TV, iPhone, and the iPad.  (Updates for apps sometimes appear in their respective stores for their respective devices at different times.)

From what I recall (I can't find the email now!!!), they said they would send out an email (if you signed up to the D23 3 year deal) before launch with details on how to sign in.  Did anyone get that yet or am I delusional :facepalm:.

13 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Not up in the Google Play store or on Roku yet either.  I'm rather surprised that Disney didn't make the app available for download awhile ago.

7 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

From what I recall (I can't find the email now!!!), they said they would send out an email (if you signed up to the D23 3 year deal) before launch with details on how to sign in.  Did anyone get that yet or am I delusional :facepalm:.

I checked my email too... nuthin’ 

10 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Not up in the Google Play store or on Roku yet either.  I'm rather surprised that Disney didn't make the app available for download awhile ago.

Part of me doesn’t think (now) that logging into Disney+ will be catastrophic. I think we are going to be crashing our respective app stores though. 

Edited by Buzzetta

16 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Yeah, I searched the app store on my iPhone and no luck.  Then I used a browser to go to disneyplus.com and logged in and it gave me a link to the app.

But now there are log in issues.  You can go to search and find things, but the home page is broken.

Edited by thunsicker

On LG I just had to do a search to find it and download the app from the store. (2016 LG OLED) It wasn't showing on the app store as an option until I did a search. Strange. (This was early this morning)

Its on the PS4 and X-box also.

On 11/9/2019 at 9:54 AM, Xenosmilus said:

I can't seem to find a definitive source on this and was hoping someone knows it will be on Apple TV or Comcast X1?  The only confirmed devices I found were LG TV's, Samsung TV's,  Roku and Amazon Fire  devices (this was just recently announced).

This might help...

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/disney-plus-app

Looking forward to more of the World According to Jeff Goldblum series on the National Geographic section of Disney+ :bigsmile:

Edited by N e r V

Because we have wireless through verizon we got an offer for one year free and then $6.99/month after that, so we took it. I watched a bad Jeff Goldblum show and episode one of Silver Surfer, his origin and I guess he goes to Earth next, and we will watch The Mandalorian tomorrow probably (or in an hour or so if the wife gets her way). And I watched a quick Mickey short immediately of course.