• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Marvel (and a few DC) slabs in high grade: CLOSED

33 posts in this topic

This sale features high grade slabbed comics published from 1970 to 1983.  All sport blue labels and nearly all are graded NM cgc 9.4 or better.  I've collected with an emphasis on eye appeal, so many of these are gorgeous examples for their grades.

The particulars: The list prices are firm and already as low as can be, so there's no need to haggle or wonder whether you got the best deal possible.  Payments are accepted by check, money order, or PayPal.  Shipping is by USPS Priority of up to three slabs anywhere in the US for $14 - other locations will be a bit extra.  There are no returns on these CGC graded books unless there's somehow damage to a slab despite my bomb-proof shipping.  The first unconditional 'take it' posted either in the thread or received via private message wins a book.  Three clicks on an image calls up a giant high resolution scan.  I'm happy to supply a detailed description of the condition and flaws of any comic.

Thanks in advance to all visitors giving these comics your consideration!

First up:

• X-Men #74
  • cgc 9.6 white pages
  • $375  SOLD!

Tough Marvel picture frame to find in near mint condition, this copy is exceptional for snow white page quality and cover paper stock, and a beautifully registered picture frame cover.  Cool new cover art by Gil Kane.

X-Men74cgc.thumb.jpg.0997a395320a73bbfabf4c258e4c2b5e.jpg

Edited by namisgr
book sold

• X-Men #77
  • cgc 9.4 ow/w pages
  • $210  SOLD!

Another tough picture frame Marvel to find in near mint shape.  This copy is an especially nice example with a squarely registered picture frame cover and deep purple cover inks.

X-Men77cgc.thumb.jpg.c274f59aadebef34c4d2e00386581462.jpg

Edited by namisgr
book sold

• Daredevil #84
  • cgc 9.2 ow pages
  • $40  SOLD!

Black Widow co-stars.  Gil Kane cover art, Gene Colan interior pencils.

DD84cgc.thumb.jpg.30a81a4890a9312498f74de10e60623a.jpg

Edited by namisgr
book sold

• Daredevil #94
  • cgc 9.4 white pages
  • $70  SOLD!

Black Widow co-stars.  Another terrific copy with white cover and interior paper.  Kane cover, Colan interior, both inked by Tom Palmer.

DD94cgc.thumb.jpg.7d8a5ffd34c8fd496650eeda5d493071.jpg

Edited by namisgr
book sold

• Detective #528
  • cgc 9.8 white pages
  • $44  SOLD!

Sweet copy I bought off the rack 36 years ago.  Great creative team, with story by Moench, interior art by Colan and Janson, and cover art by Colan inked by Giordano.

Det528sale.jpg.2680b177f7f503f2225841251f0095de.jpg

Edited by namisgr
book sold

• Detective #529
  • cgc 9.8 white pages
  • Top census copy
  • $58  SOLD!

Smoking copy that looks fresh and brand new, just like on the day I bought it off the rack.

Det529cgc.jpg.2d10b2c7ca70bb136cd1a14d1d31fe40.jpg

Edited by namisgr
book sold

• Our Fighting Forces #155
  • cgc 9.6 ow/w pages
  • $75

Part of the great run of Bronze DC war comics created by 'King' Kirby.

OFF155cgc.thumb.jpg.4e3e5f7d8fb82c6198f33f99982a52d0.jpg

Edited by namisgr