• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

01TheDude - health update FKA "hurting"
5 5

92 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

so it has been a little over half a year since I last gave an update. I feel I need to give you guys this information as you are one of my several internet message groups that I frequent.

Anyway-- I have created some picture arrays that I shared elsewhere that kind of follow my progress. When I came into the emergency room via ambulance on September 21st of last year, I was dying. Thank god those people stepped in and saved me with a lot of surgical intervention. I was basically out of it for several weeks. The first few photos are of during that time. It wasn't until around October 16th that I realized where I was and my brother was there explaining it. I was awake but not quite all there just yet. That is why it took so long to even make that first post--- the result of getting ebay items sold during the time and having to apologize for not being able to send the stuff. I used that very hard to type garbled text and copied it to the initial post that started this thread (that might make it make more sense as you read it now).

You may notice that I dropped 80 pounds (325 to 245lbs) in the before and after pictures. That was how miserable hospital food is-- I barely ate for the last month in there.

So here I am now--- 6 months out of the hospital, living with the COVID19 risk to my compromised immune system, dealing with 3 times a week dialysis for my damaged kidneys, trying to establish a relationship with a Cardiologist (the current one who I saw on 6/8 just tested positive for COVID19 - yay), and working on maturing a fistula so that I can get off the dialysis catheter and to a more permanent access point. Overall-- I am just as miserable as many of you probably are from the quarantine-- perhaps more so as I have to be extra careful.

Things I also deal with--

• numbness/possible neuropathy in my lower legs and my right hand
  • a renal diet limiting what I can eat and the amount of fluid intake
  • a general change in my ability to taste foods
  • weak muscles and a general shortness of breath

Perhaps I didn't need to get that into detail. Don't get me wrong-- I am happy more or less. But I am forever changed. I cannot even think about the event yet along talk about it without getting choked up. Thanks for reading this - I care about the people here so it is important to me to share what life has been like.

Hide contents

9WTwSakl.jpg

livN5DZl.jpg

Z1RFiFbl.jpg

these ones have the photo date you can follow along the top to show progress

XgME2abl.jpg

BNepADil.jpg

and this one is sort of the before and after

LAU0BsWl.jpg

at dialysis

nHNecfbl.jpg

Get well soon, my man!

15 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

so it has been a little over half a year since I last gave an update. I feel I need to give you guys this information as you are one of my several internet message groups that I frequent.

Anyway-- I have created some picture arrays that I shared elsewhere that kind of follow my progress. When I came into the emergency room via ambulance on September 21st of last year, I was dying. Thank god those people stepped in and saved me with a lot of surgical intervention. I was basically out of it for several weeks. The first few photos are of during that time. It wasn't until around October 16th that I realized where I was and my brother was there explaining it. I was awake but not quite all there just yet. That is why it took so long to even make that first post--- the result of getting ebay items sold during the time and having to apologize for not being able to send the stuff. I used that very hard to type garbled text and copied it to the initial post that started this thread (that might make it make more sense as you read it now).

You may notice that I dropped 80 pounds (325 to 245lbs) in the before and after pictures. That was how miserable hospital food is-- I barely ate for the last month in there.

So here I am now--- 6 months out of the hospital, living with the COVID19 risk to my compromised immune system, dealing with 3 times a week dialysis for my damaged kidneys, trying to establish a relationship with a Cardiologist (the current one who I saw on 6/8 just tested positive for COVID19 - yay), and working on maturing a fistula so that I can get off the dialysis catheter and to a more permanent access point. Overall-- I am just as miserable as many of you probably are from the quarantine-- perhaps more so as I have to be extra careful.

Things I also deal with--

Perhaps I didn't need to get that into detail. Don't get me wrong-- I am happy more or less. But I am forever changed. I cannot even think about the event yet along talk about it without getting choked up. Thanks for reading this - I care about the people here so it is important to me to share what life has been like.

Reveal hidden contents

9WTwSakl.jpg

livN5DZl.jpg

Z1RFiFbl.jpg

these ones have the photo date you can follow along the top to show progress

XgME2abl.jpg

BNepADil.jpg

and this one is sort of the before and after

LAU0BsWl.jpg

at dialysis

nHNecfbl.jpg

As I've said before man,anytime you want an ear/set of eyes.I'm not around much but I'll try to be,especially if you need me to yack at.

I can relate to all this..with the sodium from your diet your taste buds might turn super like mine did-like,a nite of a reduced salt pickle was atomic.

Dude lots of love man.

1 hour ago, oldbsturgeon said:

I am not happy how you lost the 80 lbs, that was a very difficult time for everyone I am sure.  but am glad you did as that will also help towards a healthier you

Trust me-- I wasn't trying to lose any weight or being told to do so. I was simply stuck in a hospital bed, fed by a tube for 6 weeks (on a ventilator - didn't lose too much weight during that- maybe 30 lbs) and then just out right terrible food at the rehab place after I got released from the ICU (still a hospital but not and ICU setup).

I have stayed at the same weight since I came home -- though I would like to drop another 10-20 pounds.

On 6/17/2020 at 12:08 AM, 01TheDude said:

imageproxy.jpeg.jpg.54b2f0257a27f3cee7884fab999b500b.jpg

Not sure what the big deal is.

If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have even been able to tell that you were in the hospital here.