• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

01TheDude - health update FKA "hurting"
5 5

92 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

The real tough part was living in a hospital for that long. I am recovering - that is all on track. My chest has some pain and dialysis is a chore but being home is the best thing. And my family and friends are definitely checking in on me. I do live alone but I set my PT with that in mind so I can take care of myself. I still will have the occasional in house visits from health professionals but no where near the intensity of hospital care. At this point-- the thing I appreciate most is how quiet my home is compared to a rehab place and the level of privacy involved.

I understand-I was in Jan.20 to March 20-then to a hospice home till April 20,home for a bit and right back in for I don't remember,six weeks?.So very happy for you that you're home,it really,really does help with the healing.You can relax a bit-those places are loud!Will you have daily visits-will you need to travel for dialysis treatment?If this is too personal,I get it-I'll wait for a reach out.Personally I found the dialysis treatment very,very difficult,I know it is different with everyone,so I wholeheartedly hope it's not overly tough on you.

Cliche as it sounds,keep positive dude,enjoy the fresh air,the sunshine,try and see everything as brand new and half full.You've come this far,head up,be proud-power through!

There's a lot of people here rooting for you,we all want the best!

Very good news you've family and friends showing support and checking in.Anything you need I can do,I'm here.Even,especially if you get a dark minute,I'm here.Dog pics,jokes,cat pics,call me names,ask whatever.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:10 PM, 01TheDude said:

Not all the way there but beats not breathing

You're not kidding. We're only alive for a short time compared to how long we're dead!

Listen to and obey everything your doctors tell you to do, to help all of our best wishes and prayers for you to come true!! <3

Glad to see the Dude is still abiding! Keep doing what you have to do and keep kicking, we're all pulling for your full and speedy recovery!

On 1/9/2020 at 2:52 PM, 01TheDude said:

The real tough part was living in a hospital for that long. I am recovering - that is all on track. My chest has some pain and dialysis is a chore but being home is the best thing. And my family and friends are definitely checking in on me. I do live alone but I set my PT with that in mind so I can take care of myself. I still will have the occasional in house visits from health professionals but no where near the intensity of hospital care. At this point-- the thing I appreciate most is how quiet my home is compared to a rehab place and the level of privacy involved.

So great to hear you're recovering and at home. Keep on keeping on!

On 1/8/2020 at 11:13 PM, 01TheDude said:

Well it certainly wasn't quick but I am getting out of the hospital for the first time this morning. It was hell living in this place since September 21st-- the day i suffered from an aortic dissection (look it up-- it is nasty). I no longer have a sternum and I still have to deal with three times a week dialysis for my kidney issues but it will be so nice being home again after such a long hospital stay.

Thanks again for all kind words.

Oh my God! Get better fast. You are one of my favorite people here.

I had no idea you were sick, forgive me.😟

11 hours ago, jcjames said:

So great to hear you're recovering and at home. Keep on keeping on!

Just a heads up -- i named you as my "local collector who knows what things are worth" in case my brother had to sell part of my collection. I probably should have run that by you first but my collection is fairly manageable at around 1900 books. I would be willing to offer similar aid to your family if it ever came to that. But in Phoenix, you are my go to collecting friend.

16 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

Just a heads up -- i named you as my "local collector who knows what things are worth" in case my brother had to sell part of my collection. I probably should have run that by you first but my collection is fairly manageable at around 1900 books. I would be willing to offer similar aid to your family if it ever came to that. But in Phoenix, you are my go to collecting friend.

I appreciate that man. Again, so glad to see you coming back here and recovering!

On 1/12/2020 at 2:28 AM, oakman29 said:

Oh my God! Get better fast. You are one of my favorite people here.

I had no idea you were sick, forgive me.😟

Colonial Mustard wants him back.

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

Perhaps I didn't need to get that into detail. Don't get me wrong-- I am happy more or less

I don't mind the detail TheDude. It's a reminder of how difficult things can be for others and I'm glad you shared it. The virus has been a real kick in the teeth for those already battling health conditions, adding an extra layer of anxiety and restriction that they could well do without. I hope you continue to make progress and keep posting away here. Keep battling on and keep finding your daily diversion here among the mighty world of comicana :headbang:

9 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

so it has been a little over half a year since I last gave an update. I feel I need to give you guys this information as you are one of my several internet message groups that I frequent.

Anyway-- I have created some picture arrays that I shared elsewhere that kind of follow my progress. When I came into the emergency room via ambulance on September 21st of last year, I was dying. Thank god those people stepped in and saved me with a lot of surgical intervention. I was basically out of it for several weeks. The first few photos are of during that time. It wasn't until around October 16th that I realized where I was and my brother was there explaining it. I was awake but not quite all there just yet. That is why it took so long to even make that first post--- the result of getting ebay items sold during the time and having to apologize for not being able to send the stuff. I used that very hard to type garbled text and copied it to the initial post that started this thread (that might make it make more sense as you read it now).

You may notice that I dropped 80 pounds (325 to 245lbs) in the before and after pictures. That was how miserable hospital food is-- I barely ate for the last month in there.

So here I am now--- 6 months out of the hospital, living with the COVID19 risk to my compromised immune system, dealing with 3 times a week dialysis for my damaged kidneys, trying to establish a relationship with a Cardiologist (the current one who I saw on 6/8 just tested positive for COVID19 - yay), and working on maturing a fistula so that I can get off the dialysis catheter and to a more permanent access point. Overall-- I am just as miserable as many of you probably are from the quarantine-- perhaps more so as I have to be extra careful.

Things I also deal with--

• numbness/possible neuropathy in my lower legs and my right hand
  • a renal diet limiting what I can eat and the amount of fluid intake
  • a general change in my ability to taste foods
  • weak muscles and a general shortness of breath

Perhaps I didn't need to get that into detail. Don't get me wrong-- I am happy more or less. But I am forever changed. I cannot even think about the event yet along talk about it without getting choked up. Thanks for reading this - I care about the people here so it is important to me to share what life has been like.

Hide contents

9WTwSakl.jpg

livN5DZl.jpg

Z1RFiFbl.jpg

these ones have the photo date you can follow along the top to show progress

XgME2abl.jpg

BNepADil.jpg

and this one is sort of the before and after

LAU0BsWl.jpg

at dialysis

nHNecfbl.jpg

@01TheDude I am glad you are doing better!

Will pray for more continued success for you!