• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boardie most knowledgeable about comics history?
1 1

232 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I nominate @Bosco685 for steadily bringing the word on the street movie wise, he was also one of the boardies of the year, this year 2019! :headbang:

Best forumite! Congrats :)

I nominate 3,000,000th poster.  With that many posts, he's gotta know somethin.

20 hours ago, kav said:
20 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Ok I perused his posts-wow yes very knowledgeable!!! (worship)

Unfortunately for all of us here, it would appear that Jon no longer posts or visits here on the boards ever since he sold off his massive collection back in 2017.  :frown:

Hope he's doing alright and this is simply nothing more than just his way of coping with not having his collection anymore.  (thumbsu

Christmas is around the corner, I'll be happy when more people start posting again, it's seemingly quiet!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Arcade-Machine-w-Riser-Arcade1UP/875700648?fbclid=IwAR1WB2wyM2B-guT62f_Z_CK1SW92dsQ0-zZr2Jooa18Fwc9wvbWzqPqFkes

I'll give my addy to anyone who wants to play secret santa lol jk

Addy will give his addy folks.

2 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Not in the Karloff Dell tv horror and more thread as everyday is Halloween.:banana:

Tales-from-the-Crypt-%26-Cryptkeeper-in-Tales-from-the-Crypt-Presents-Bordello-of-Blood-Premium-Photograph-and-Poster-1014482__63039.1432425708.1280.1280.jpg

mail.gif

6 minutes ago, Bumble Kitty said:

I am humbled to be in the same sentence as @Dr. Love.  As far as the romance genre, I am a distant second to that knowledge "machine".

Someone who has quite a bit of insight is @sacentaur.  If I knew a fraction of what he knows, I would be in great shape.

If I knew a fraction of your fraction, I'd be a certified comics historian!!  I'd probably get published and stuff!

5 hours ago, kav said:

Technically these are not the type of questions that boardies post looking for help on as the answers can be easily googled.  Some obscure bit of history about an LA comic dealer back in the 70s and Robotman has lots of info right at his fingertips, as he used to go there.  Lots of other examples.

Comic book history and comic book fandom history are 2 totally separate topics! 

Just now, Timely said:

Comic book history and comic book fandom history are 2 totally separate topics! 

Time for new thread? hm

6 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

True, but don't sell yourself short, your indie knowledge is spot on

I had the only complete collection of Zomoid Illustories!  With letter from artist telling me that!