• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Apple TV's SEE starring Jason Momoa (2019)

51 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I think that is part of this entire streaming strategy that is going to drive all these providers a little crazy, other than Netflix.

How to keep the pipeline steadily full of fresh content so as never to give subscribers an excuse to cancel due to stale content.

It's a tricky game of cat and mouse.  You have HBO which charges $15 and there are a couple shows I wouldn't mind watching but that is a bit much for 8 shows a months.  I cancelled HBO and I'll let the shows finish up and then i'll sign up for a month and I'll binge my few shows and then cancel when I'm done.  It's just a click to cancel and sign up again so there really is no incentive to keep a streaming service if there is nothing new to watch.  I'm finding this with Disney+ but I've not cancelled since the Hulu / Disney / ESPN+ package is cheap enough and with enough content that I've just signed up and forgotten about it.

Actor Jason Momoa, best known for his tough guy roles such as Khal Drogo in "Game of Thrones" or Aquaman, showed a different side on Monday that was anything but.

Momoa took a break from shooting his new Netflix thriller to bring smiles to patients' faces at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.

The hospital tweeted four photos of the actor visiting several patients with their families: "Thanks to actor Jason Momoa, for stopping by this morning to visit the patients and families at UPMC Children's!"

12 minutes ago, Kon_Jelly said:

I'm surprised to see so much positivity about this show here - it's literally the only place I've seen that. Ars called it a "masturbatory disaster" in a link to this review. Is it really worth a watch? 

There's a reason why Apple approved Season Two early on before Season One was even over.

I very much enjoyed it. Though the concept of a blind world brings its own suspension of disbelief how they all would get around and live their lives without falling off a cliff. But it works.

16 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

There's a reason why Apple approved Season Two early on before Season One was even over.

I very much enjoyed it. Though the concept of a blind world brings its own suspension of disbelief how they all would get around and live their lives without falling off a cliff. But it works.

To be fair, Apple renewed all of their launch shows before any of them even aired. That doesn't really say much about See on its own. 

I may check out an episode or two to see if it clicks for me. 

Edited by Kon_Jelly

18 minutes ago, Kon_Jelly said:

To be fair, Apple renewed all of their launch shows before any of them even aired. That doesn't really say much about See on its own. 

I may check out an episode or two to see if it clicks for me. 

I agree Apple locking down the creators and talent by approving in advance can leave you wondering 'But are they really good'. Totally respect that.

But once the first few episodes landed and started gaining support, it gave Apple comfort to publicly announce they had renewed all the shows. Otherwise, it could have cancelled any of them without the public realizing there was already a renew decision.

Know what I mean?

EXCLUSIVE: Apple drama See is set to go back to its world-building ways in Toronto next month.

Deadline understands that the Jason Momoa-fronted series will resume shooting October 14 at Cinespace Film Studios in the Ontario capital.

It marks one of the shows, alongside Invasion and For All Mankind, from the nascent streamer to return to filming following the COVID-19 production shutdown. See was one of a number of Apple TV shows to shut down in March, a list that also included The Morning Show, Servant, Lisey’s Story and Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet.

The second season of the show, which debuted November 1, is expected to film through March 2021.

The sophomore season will feature a number of new stars including Dave Bautista alongside Alfre Woodard, Hera Hilmar, Sylvia Hoeks, Archie Madekwe and Nesta Cooper.

Written by Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight, the show takes place in the distant future, after a deadly virus decimated humankind. Those who survived emerged blind. Momoa stars as Baba Voss — the father of twins born centuries later with the mythic ability to see.

See is executive produced by Knight, Lawrence, Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping and Jonathan Tropper, who also serves as showrunner. It is produced by Chernin Entertainment and Endeavor Content.

Ok, so, I don't have Apple TV so I've never watched this show or anything.  Is it just the humans that are blind or are all the animals blind as well?  I saw quite a few people walking around in bear and wolf furs.  How a blind person hunts a bear or wolf pack without getting ripped to shreds is beyond me.

On 7/31/2021 at 8:45 AM, media_junkie said:

Ok, so, I don't have Apple TV so I've never watched this show or anything.  Is it just the humans that are blind or are all the animals blind as well?  I saw quite a few people walking around in bear and wolf furs.  How a blind person hunts a bear or wolf pack without getting ripped to shreds is beyond me.

@Bosco685 Yeah so you guys never answered my question.

Edited by media_junkie

On 9/20/2021 at 5:38 PM, media_junkie said:

@Bosco685 Yeah so you guys never answered my question.

Missed this. But not purposely.

:tink:

Only the humans are portrayed as being blind.

What they do convey is the human race has so enhanced its other senses to overcome the loss of vision that becomes their strength. But they haven't actually shown them hunting over the two seasons. Just references to hunting. But in the battles you will see someone responding to the slightest sound and that is how they strike.

(shrug)