• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is ‘Go Collect’ a reliable source of value?
2 2

40 posts in this topic

For those who don’t want to fork over the subscription cost of GPAnalysis, does Go Collect offer comparable figures?  Overstreet seems way under what the current market sells for.  EBay seems a fair gauge.  But sometimes it’s nice to have a reasonable reference point for certain items that are offered for sale here or on other auction sites. 

I find that it is very accurate for books that sell often, but the default price multipliers for books sold rarely can show some unrealistic estimated values. As a paid subscriber you can customize your own own price multipliers for a given book.

I use to have a subscription but stopped because I no longer by CGC books.  I agree is a solid tool all around for frequently sold books.  They did have a week trial when I signed on so I guess they no longer do that. 

24 minutes ago, IbukiLord said:

Would be great if they had a trial run, I only want to see the previous sales of 1 book but need to pay a subscription to see it.

Which book are you thinking?

22 minutes ago, Joosh said:

Which book are you thinking?

Vampirella Strikes #1 Comicspro sketch variant from 2013. There are 3 sales for a 9.8 and 2 for a 9.6 but they are sales for a year and older so can't check ebay for sales.

Recently sent mine to CGC and was curious on what they sold for but since I have no intention of selling mine I didn't see a point in paying the subscription fee so more of a curiosity thing :)

Edited by IbukiLord

4 hours ago, thunsicker said:

it doesn’t quite have the depth (across time) or breadth (across sellers), but has a better interface and tools.  I would guess if you were pricing things on the two platforms they would be remarkably similar.  It’s run by boardie @jhm.

It does factor in C.Link which GPA does not

I like the site, it fits well usually to prices...

Recently I've tried "different price issues" like 30 cent or 35 cents, those never have enough sales.

They don't track Nintendo Power.....

It's good for the slabs that are also more common :) 

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I like the site, it fits well usually to prices...

Recently I've tried "different price issues" like 30 cent or 35 cents, those never have enough sales.

They don't track Nintendo Power.....

It's good for the slabs that are also more common :) 

I like the site too

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:
7 hours ago, Northwest said:

It does factor in C.Link which GPA does not

That would make it a definite plus on a going forward basis, in comparison to GPA.  (thumbsu

As long as they have all sales rather than the cherry picked sales they offered George.