• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is ‘Go Collect’ a reliable source of value?
2 2

40 posts in this topic

On 11/10/2019 at 8:54 AM, XxSpideyxX said:

For those who don’t want to fork over the subscription cost of GPAnalysis, does Go Collect offer comparable figures?  Overstreet seems way under what the current market sells for.  EBay seems a fair gauge.  But sometimes it’s nice to have a reasonable reference point for certain items that are offered for sale here or on other auction sites

Www.dreckcheck.com

FYI It’s free!!  Lists real-time auction data from all four major auction houses (heritage, comic link, comic connect, and eBay). A lot of the paid sites only list eBay and if you’re lucky heritage. 

Gives you links back to the original auction. 

The platform allows users to compare multiple grades at the same time. 

Oh ya. It’s Free

Edited by 5crazykids

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:19 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Nothing compares to GPA. Its worth the cost! If you're interested in selling or buying high priced silver bronze GPA is essential. Ebay sold listings only go so far back and they don't show best offers accepted. 

This. State of the art, indispensable market data at your disposal, 24/7 ad updated quickly, always just fingertips away. For less than 40 cents per day, GP has no close equal

26 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

This. State of the art, indispensable market data at your disposal, 24/7 ad updated quickly, always just fingertips away. For less than 40 cents per day, GP has no close equal

I use GPA and  love it!  I know it's just a "guide" and you have to look at other sources as well but it works well.

2 hours ago, 5crazykids said:

Www.dreckcheck.com

FYI It’s free!!  Lists real-time auction data from all four major auction houses (heritage, comic link, comic connect, and eBay). A lot of the paid sites only list eBay and if you’re lucky heritage. 

Gives you links back to the original auction. 

The platform allows users to compare multiple grades at the same time. 

Oh ya. It’s Free

They dont show best offers accepted on Ebay instead just list the asking price as what it sold for. They seem to only show data from Ebay Heritage and comic connect. The website doesn't seem to be very professional but then again it is free. They do show a small scan of the sold books from comicconnect so that's a positive. Cconnect doesn't show their past sales like other sites do

On 11/10/2019 at 12:18 PM, BigDaddy1 said:

I think it is reliable for books that sell very frequently. I have used it lately to help with making informed purchases. I think for the most part it's accurate. 

This. I have GoCollect and GPA subs and I find that GoCollect has decent FMV numbers when it comes to books with high sales or turnover. The FMV accuracy suffers for low volume traded books, and can easily be subverted by someone paying way too much on a low grade which can send the higher grades into the stratosphere.  GPA’s valuation isn’t great either, but makes up for it elsewhere.

GPA as many have pointed out has a deep amount of historical data.  It has no peer today that I’ve seen. GoCollect organizes it way better though and the product is being well maintained. GPA is stuck in the 90s though. They could do so much to improve how they present the data for the cost of the sub.  Gawd, that interface.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:10 PM, Bookery said:

Whether you are a collector or a dealer, information is king.  A wise person would subscribe to both services... they work differently and each has their own strengths. It's under $200 per year for both of them combined... the cost of a few (or fewer) slabs.  Seems quite reasonable.

$200 is a lot of money for many a hobbyist. I suppose if you are buying $5000+ in slabs a year it makes sense. As the occasional slab seller (and buyer) I can figure most of this stuff out. Between ebay sales and fixed prices at MCS, metropolis and a few other sites, I figure I am not too crazy if I price myself a bit below the big boys and leave an opening for negotiation. 

Edited by the blob

18 minutes ago, Abibliophobia said:

GoCollect has this information, but it requires a subscription.   One would just need to click on the price.

Spoiler

E8A4FD56-7E69-42F5-B2D4-46E4F4584DBF.png

WHOA!! Thanks for this I had no idea this issue had climbed so high, I remember when I bought my copy raw that I thought it would reach 9.6 or 9.8, might be time to dig it out! 

Thanks Again! :headbang: 

On 11/16/2019 at 7:53 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

WHOA!! Thanks for this I had no idea this issue had climbed so high, I remember when I bought my copy raw that I thought it would reach 9.6 or 9.8, might be time to dig it out! 

Thanks Again! :headbang: 

Tell me about it. It’s kind of expensive enough that I don’t want to chase it.

On 11/10/2019 at 11:23 AM, jeffreyk said:

I like it.  It is easy to use and I like the fact that their are pictures of each book sold if you subscribe.  I have found though that it can be slow in placing new sales on their site while GPA reports them faster.

Any idea how long the delay?  Was checking Star Wars 1 action figure Sketch variant (the C2E2 exclusive). GoCollect shows the most recent sale as May 2019.  There have been five eBay sales since end of August (although two of those very recent). 

7 hours ago, icp004 said:

Any idea how long the delay?  Was checking Star Wars 1 action figure Sketch variant (the C2E2 exclusive). GoCollect shows the most recent sale as May 2019.  There have been five eBay sales since end of August (although two of those very recent). 

That sounds a bit long.

@jhm

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:49 PM, musicmeta said:

I use GPA and  love it!  I know it's just a "guide" and you have to look at other sources as well but it works well.

GPA is the opposite of a guide. Guides are written by authors, who impart their opinions and how they interpret their info on value. With GP, the only opinion resulting in the published data is that of the opinion of what a buyer thought the value was to them, which is reflected in their winning bid and dutifully and accurately carried over to the GP charts. GP differs from a "guide", in that it's all fact based. It simply and beautifully reports actual sales as they occur, the best type of up to the minute market data in pricing that you can access.  (worship)

Edited by James J Johnson