• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ACTION # 1 CGC NG COMPLETE 129,900.00 BIN A NEW REALITY OR INSANITY?

56 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, woowoo said:

(tsk) The Tec 27 They were all bound together  He say's All the pages are trimmed on at least 3 sides, if not all four, cutting away the margins but not the art or text   That make the centerfold :makepoint: But ya I would love to have Them.

All trimmed but didnt he mention that he had also the non batman pages and centerfold exfept 4 non batman pages from another  copy?

6 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

80 k for the married / coverless / bound 27 with 4 missing non bat Pages ? Not disagreeing just not sure ........personally I think those bats pages are worth 15-20k apiece. The CC auction went low imo. 

Well I think also each batman page is 15-20k also so lets say 50k for 3 pages. The CF is easily around 30k to the right buyer. Since Someone missing a CF will need it to complete there copy. 

Sounds crazy but 100k for a coverless unrestored TEC 27 with cream to off white or better... might be the new norm. 

Action 1 might actually be 110-120k...

The Ac1 page 1 and page 5( cover swipe)   are 25-35k a piece. Then 5 other supes pages and the cf

On 11/30/2019 at 11:58 PM, zen514 said:

Well I think also each batman page is 15-20k also so lets say 50k for 3 pages. The CF is easily around 30k to the right buyer. Since Someone missing a CF will need it to complete there copy. 

Sounds crazy but 100k for a coverless unrestored TEC 27 with cream to off white or better... might be the new norm. 

Action 1 might actually be 110-120k...

The Ac1 page 1 and page 5( cover swipe)   are 25-35k a piece. Then 5 other supes pages and the cf

I was offered very close to 100k in $$$$ and trade for my Coverless Tec from a board member, the deal was based on time payments & included a mid grade AF15 & this was over a year ago. I know I am biased but to me AC1 & TEC 27 are either close to or at 100k+ coverless in the right auction ( which still blows my  mind) I know the general feeling is 80s on a complete Tec but go get one for 75/80k today and please let us know?  It just seems like at this point nobody is quick to want to part with them when they are all original & complete, it's a classic case of the lower end having as much if not more demand then the top end, I mean how many collectors do you/we know throwing around 200k to 1 million on a single comic? I don't know any of those guys and most of the day to day action in our store & on the net is in silver and bronze keys ( or the hype BS books) with a big buy being 10/20k ( which is still  a lot of money in my neck of the woods ) & for most collectors.  ( Side Note) Iv got a few PMs asking who the buyer was, I mentioned this offer in a post months ago and the board member wanted to stay anonymous but is a long time member and it was a real stand up offer ( we still do deals) & if not for the fact that I know I would not be able to replace the book & blown the $$$$ I would have pulled the trigger. I assume anyone willing to part with one would want 10/20% CMV because it's really a blue chip comic.

Edited by Frank Mozz

13 hours ago, Frank Mozz said:

I was offered very close to 100k in $$$$ and trade for my Coverless Tec from a board member, the deal was based on time payments & included a mid grade AF15 & this was over a year ago. I know I am biased but to me AC1 & TEC 27 are either close to or at 100k+ coverless in the right auction( which still blows my  mind) I know the general feeling is 80s on a complete Tec but go get one for 80 today and let us know? At this point nobody seems to want to part with them when they are complete, it's a classic case of the lower end having as much if not more demand then the top end, I mean how many collectors do  you know throwing around 200/ 1 million on 1 comic? I don't know any of those guys and most of the action is silver and bronze keys with a big buy being 10/20k ( which is still  a lot of money in my neck of the woods )

Thanks for confirming that a TEC27 coverless is near 100k

im sure the next 1.0 blue label will surpise us!   Ac1 or tec27 whichever comes first to auction.

57 minutes ago, zen514 said:

Thanks for confirming that a TEC27 coverless is near 100k

im sure the next 1.0 blue label will surpise us!   Ac1 or tec27 whichever comes first to auction.

1.0 Blue in any condition is a minimum of 150k for either book imo 

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

1.0 Blue in any condition is a minimum of 150k for either book imo 

I would say more... 200k

The last  in auction  2013 was a 1.5 that sold for 175k

Edited by zen514

1 hour ago, zen514 said:

I would say more... 200k

The last  in auction  2013 was a 1.5 that sold for 175k

Yeah. Your right. A raw on eBay sold around 150 with what I  think was restoration in the bottom right front corner of the cover over a year ago  ?

Edited by Chicago Boy

Over the last few days I got a few PMs about my opinion on the bound volume for sale on Ebay ( the price has been lowered) 10000% yes its a GREAT DEAL for the RIGHT collector IMHO at around 100/120k you find a way ( still a hell of a lot of $$$). However, bound examples are really a separate & unique type of collectable for a very specific type of collector & honestly NOT the same as a complete original book that has no cover.  At 100k I even think taking it apart there is money to made but it just seems so wrong to do so, it should stay together and go to someone who understands just how amazing it is to be able to own all those wonderful original stories and it's a solid long term (10yrs) investment as is. What's it worth when a Tec 27 comes to market and hits 2 million, 3 million and those pages are almost 100 yrs old? But again it needs to find the right collector.  On a side note: if this hit Heritage I think it might do the 120/130 but its a roll of the dice for sure.

Edited by Frank Mozz

46 minutes ago, zen514 said:

At 14,088$   Will it break the record of 25.5k  for a single Page?

I just love this page... Its like owning the Cover to Action Comics 1... Well the next best thing.

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=852626

Page quality sure is better.  I’d like to see a new world record ! 

On 11/12/2019 at 6:31 PM, zen514 said:

You had great foresight on buying that first wrap. Pays to have a bit of vision.

100k is wear the bottom price should be at for a complete coverless. Even though im offering 80k lol

On 11/12/2019 at 9:21 AM, comicdonna said:

It was about 10 years or so ago, I purchased the 1st wrap of Action #1 for $3200 Many thought I  was crazy.  In 2013 I sold it for 5 figures.  

The auction buyer in this ebay listing stated the first page sold for 25.5K last year, and was brittle.  If I had 100K I would be in the market for a coverless, complete copy of Action #1

Well a new record 🏆for a single page. The page 5. Superman car lift. The cover swipe.  27.5k at comicconnect yesterday.

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=852626

To me its was more a 30k -35k in todays market and will rise alongside Action 1 complete and coverless values.

Congrats to the buyer!