• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy Veterans Day Y'all!
1 1

13 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

In Remembrance of my great uncle, Lieutenant Donald Kenneth Lee, from Powell River, Canada, who volunteered to return to the front as part of the Canloan program where Canadian officers were loaned to the British Army due to a critical shortage of officers during World War II. He served with the 8th division of the Royal Scots (The Royal Regiment) and took part in the invasion of Nazi-occupied Europe during the D-Day landings and battled all the way to Uden, Holland, where he was killed by enemy forces during Operation Market Garden. He is buried in the war cemetery there and, though he never came home, is always with us and will never be forgotten.

Image result for uden war cemetery holland"

I played in Holland several years ago for one of the Liberation Anniversaries. It was a very emotional experience visiting one of the military cemeteries.

Great turnouts all over Edmonton today. 

3 hours ago, Brian48 said:

Got off my duff this year and help organize a company drive for the Fisher House of Boston, which serves families of veterans undergoing hospital care. My proudest accomplishment in a long time.  Hat's off to the crew of the USS Constitution for lending us a hand getting started. Semper Fi. 

Fisher house kick-off - group.jpg

Awesome!

4 hours ago, Brian48 said:

Got off my duff this year and help organize a company drive for the Fisher House of Boston, which serves families of veterans undergoing hospital care. My proudest accomplishment in a long time.  Hat's off to the crew of the USS Constitution for lending us a hand getting started. Semper Fi. 

Fisher house kick-off - group.jpg

Very cool. I volunteer over at our Veteran's Hospital. Very gratifying and sometimes a bit sad. But they really appreciate it. Don't just do it at the holidays. Most appreciate it all year long.