• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 1
1 1

83 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mr. Zipper said:

It's Day 13 of "Grading/Encapsulation" of the Walkthrough service. Still waiting. :whatev:

That's just crazy.  I'm glad you wern't waiting in the lobby all this time for the Walk Through service.  

4 hours ago, comicdonna said:

That's just crazy.  I'm glad you wern't waiting in the lobby all this time for the Walk Through service.  

Hmmm. According to the site, walkthrough is currently at same day service. So, why has my Hulk 1 been in Grading  / Quality control going on 14 business days? I hate to be “that guy” on the phone, but I guess I should call. 

On 12/17/2019 at 11:26 AM, Mr. Zipper said:

I was really hoping for a 3.0, but not surprised by grade -- it was what my initial estimate was. Kind of anti-climactic actually. LOL

Thanks for the interest and input.

858199360_Hulk1.thumb.png.a030a99589f1ce6a92fc6fba3f895467.png

did you get it pressed and cleaned? 

2 hours ago, Mr. Zipper said:

I sent it in for screening, and they determined that pressing would provide no benefit. So it was not cleaned and pressed.

oh wow really.. I mean maybe it might not have helped the technical grade I am assuming because there's so much wear to the front cover but it would of helped some of the folds and waves in the BC to make it a nice presenting 2.5 I guess you save on the pressing fees and only have to pay the screening at least. 

2 hours ago, Krismusic said:

oh wow really.. I mean maybe it might not have helped the technical grade I am assuming because there's so much wear to the front cover but it would of helped some of the folds and waves in the BC to make it a nice presenting 2.5 I guess you save on the pressing fees and only have to pay the screening at least. 

Right... I believe "benefit" means the grade would be enhanced by the pressing. Given the overall wear, I did not think pressing would increase the grade, but it was worth $50 to get an expert opinion so I would not be second guessing myself. :hi:

6 hours ago, Mr. Zipper said:

I sent it in for screening, and they determined that pressing would provide no benefit. So it was not cleaned and pressed.

I’m of the mindset that when in doubt, on a major key, you press. You never know. 

That said, it’s a helluva book you’ve got there. :)

15 hours ago, Mr. Zipper said:

Right... I believe "benefit" means the grade would be enhanced by the pressing. Given the overall wear, I did not think pressing would increase the grade, but it was worth $50 to get an expert opinion so I would not be second guessing myself. :hi:

do you still get the option to press though as if I was in your situation I might still want to press to clean up that back cover make it look nicer even if the grade isn't affected buy the book not the label.