• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 1
1 1

83 posts in this topic

I think I'm finally sending my Hulk 1 in for grading. I have a pretty good idea of where I think it lands. Your thoughts?

• Accumulation of wear and creases. Two small edge tears left side of back cover. A few light stains. 1/4 inch spine split bottom.
  • Staples tight. No pieces missing or significant issues inside.

544962978_Hulk01web.thumb.jpg.5a10f971485f0c71dc8f31b91033d45b.jpg1458838783_Hulk01backweb.thumb.jpg.c26ac3c8bbf3006ff83b9910c92a4d2f.jpg

3 minutes ago, comicquant said:

2.5.  Possibly a 3.0 if pressed.

There is a little "moisture rippling" along back left edge... presumably from sweaty fingers reading and re-reading it in 1962. I kind of assumed that the other wear and tear would override this and pressing would not make a grade difference. ???

2 minutes ago, Mr. Zipper said:

There is a little "moisture rippling" along back left edge... presumably from sweaty fingers reading and re-reading it in 1962. I kind of assumed that the other wear and tear would override this and pressing would not make a grade difference. ???

Where were you at out of interest Mr Z?  

1 minute ago, Mr. Zipper said:

Awesome book btw! If that beauty were mine I would have it pressed prior to submission but I know its not for everyone.  

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Where were you at out of interest Mr Z?  

My guess was 2.5.

I kind of use an averaging system. To me, it likely could not go lower than 2 or higher than 3, so I land on 2.5 Looking through Hulk 1 2.5s in Heritage archives, it is very consistent with books in that grade.

Once you get to 2.0 and lower, it is typically missing pieces, incomplete or has a ton of tape, etc. Mine doesn't have anything that severe.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Zipper said:

My guess was 2.5.

I kind of use an averaging system. To me, it likely could not go lower than 2 or higher than 3, so I land on 2.5 Looking through Hulk 1 2.5s in Heritage archives, it is very consistent with books in that grade.

Once you get to 2.0 and lower, it is typically missing pieces, incomplete or has a ton of tape, etc. Mine doesn't have anything that severe.

That's why I went 3.0. Lots of surface wear, but its all there with no major defects. Nice book.