Hulk 1
2 2

83 posts in this topic

9,042 posts
14 hours ago, Trifisherjoe said:

...well I sent a comic in on wednesday too!...June 26...still waiting...not kidding.

Hopefully, that is not a walkthrough!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58,337 posts

I give it a 41.77 on the silver surfer cosmic scale 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 posts
20 hours ago, Trifisherjoe said:

...well I sent a comic in on wednesday too!...June 26...still waiting...not kidding.

...thank you whoever read this and moved my received date to today! Hmmm...Santa?!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31,051 posts

How did you make out at CGC, Steve?  :popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,042 posts
9 hours ago, comicdonna said:

How did you make out at CGC, Steve?  :popcorn:

It's Day 13 of "Grading/Quality Control" of the Walkthrough service. Still waiting. :whatev:

Edited by Mr. Zipper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31,051 posts
1 hour ago, Mr. Zipper said:

It's Day 13 of "Grading/Encapsulation" of the Walkthrough service. Still waiting. :whatev:

That's just crazy.  I'm glad you wern't waiting in the lobby all this time for the Walk Through service.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,042 posts
4 hours ago, comicdonna said:

That's just crazy.  I'm glad you wern't waiting in the lobby all this time for the Walk Through service.  

Hmmm. According to the site, walkthrough is currently at same day service. So, why has my Hulk 1 been in Grading  / Quality control going on 14 business days? I hate to be “that guy” on the phone, but I guess I should call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,042 posts

I'm glad I called. It was held up in accounting due to a CC expiration date glitch, yet I was not contacted by anyone to clear it up. 

Do I share the grade or wait to get it back for a visual reveal? (shrug)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31,051 posts

I vote share the grade.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,692 posts

I vote share the grade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,042 posts

I was really hoping for a 3.0, but not surprised by grade -- it was what my initial estimate was. Kind of anti-climactic actually. LOL

Thanks for the interest and input.

858199360_Hulk1.thumb.png.a030a99589f1ce6a92fc6fba3f895467.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,692 posts
On 12/17/2019 at 11:26 AM, Mr. Zipper said:

I was really hoping for a 3.0, but not surprised by grade -- it was what my initial estimate was. Kind of anti-climactic actually. LOL

Thanks for the interest and input.

858199360_Hulk1.thumb.png.a030a99589f1ce6a92fc6fba3f895467.png

did you get it pressed and cleaned? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,042 posts
13 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

did you get it pressed and cleaned? 

I sent it in for screening, and they determined that pressing would provide no benefit. So it was not cleaned and pressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31,051 posts

I'll look forward to seeing the pic in the new slab, Steve.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,692 posts
2 hours ago, Mr. Zipper said:

I sent it in for screening, and they determined that pressing would provide no benefit. So it was not cleaned and pressed.

oh wow really.. I mean maybe it might not have helped the technical grade I am assuming because there's so much wear to the front cover but it would of helped some of the folds and waves in the BC to make it a nice presenting 2.5 I guess you save on the pressing fees and only have to pay the screening at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,042 posts
2 hours ago, Krismusic said:

oh wow really.. I mean maybe it might not have helped the technical grade I am assuming because there's so much wear to the front cover but it would of helped some of the folds and waves in the BC to make it a nice presenting 2.5 I guess you save on the pressing fees and only have to pay the screening at least. 

Right... I believe "benefit" means the grade would be enhanced by the pressing. Given the overall wear, I did not think pressing would increase the grade, but it was worth $50 to get an expert opinion so I would not be second guessing myself. :hi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
987 posts
6 hours ago, Mr. Zipper said:

I sent it in for screening, and they determined that pressing would provide no benefit. So it was not cleaned and pressed.

I’m of the mindset that when in doubt, on a major key, you press. You never know. 

That said, it’s a helluva book you’ve got there. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,692 posts
15 hours ago, Mr. Zipper said:

Right... I believe "benefit" means the grade would be enhanced by the pressing. Given the overall wear, I did not think pressing would increase the grade, but it was worth $50 to get an expert opinion so I would not be second guessing myself. :hi:

do you still get the option to press though as if I was in your situation I might still want to press to clean up that back cover make it look nicer even if the grade isn't affected buy the book not the label. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2