• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 1 - pressing candidate?
3 3

30 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

No, not the grade. The price result. The auction result for a Hulk 1 that presents this well with this great color and no chips will transcend the probable technical 3.0 grade that it will receive.

ahh ok yeah.. I understand now.. yeah it does have great eye appeal. 

I’ll pile on and agree with much of what has been said.  Press? Yes!  But with a book like this pick a very reliable presser, who will likely give it a conservative press so the CBC’s don’t look totally flattened, but will tame down the waves and creases.  3.0, shot at 3.5

18 hours ago, Mr. Zipper said:

BREAKING....

Update from CCS screening: The Incredible Hulk #1 did not require pressing services and will transfer for grading.

Maybe it's just my own paranoia (LOL), but I kinda think that while CCS may say it doesn't need pressing, the CGC graders still could be influenced by the visual impact. To me, rather than pre-screen pressing, I'd rather just pick the books I think could possibly benefit from pressing and send them off to jo... I mean, send them off to a pro who's reasonably priced. :grin:

But you may be right... and I may be crazy. :insane: Good luck... it's a great book. (thumbsu

On 11/22/2019 at 3:37 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

BREAKING....

Update from CCS screening: The Incredible Hulk #1 did not require pressing services and will transfer for grading.

Looking forward to seeing the grade.  

On 11/23/2019 at 9:59 AM, oldrover said:

Maybe it's just my own paranoia (LOL), but I kinda think that while CCS may say it doesn't need pressing, the CGC graders still could be influenced by the visual impact. To me, rather than pre-screen pressing,

I have to think Matt/CCS knows CGC grading standards as well as anyone and would take that into account when screening. If the book would likely "benefit," e.g., increase in grade, it would have been deemed a candidate. (shrug)