• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Death of the Classic Storyline As a Collectible

105 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, divad said:

Well . . . it just may have something to do with the advanced technology :ph34r: Criminy, the special effects in Supes One were freakin' sparklers. :facepalm:

Still, weren't they a lot better than the special effects on those Marvel movies which came out in the early 90's and pretty much went straight to video, after bypassing both the movie and TV markets.  :fear:  :facepalm:

9 hours ago, divad said:
17 hours ago, valiantman said:

I think it's weird how 1992 books like Harbinger #1 and Rai #0 are from 28 years ago, but when they were new (in 1992) the 28 year old books at that time were books like Amazing Spider-Man #14 and Avengers #4.

Books like Amazing Spider-Man #50 are closer in age to Harbinger #1 than Harbinger #1 is to anything on the shelf new today.

The first Spider-Man movie appeared when Spider-Man was 30 40 years old. Superman got his Christopher Reeve movie when the character had been around 40 years. 

Batman the movie arrived when Batman was 50.  Bloodshot gets a movie at age 28. :popcorn:

Well . . . it just may have something to do with the advanced technology :ph34r: Criminy, the special effects in Supes One were freakin' sparklers. :facepalm:

Edited my original... Spider-Man was 40 when he got the Tobey Maguire movie, not 30. O.o

I believe you'd be a fool not to own the original Valiant universe (mostly the pre-unity comics) and not expect some sort of nostalgia movement to the upside.  I also believe the new Valiant universe is pretty interesting. The stories have been enjoyable.

I have no clue what a movie will do with the property. I have been burned out on movie hype so it's not a decided factor for me.

Just to clarify my position for Valiantman. :foryou:

21 hours ago, whetteon said:

I believe you'd be a fool not to own the original Valiant universe (mostly the pre-unity comics) and not expect some sort of nostalgia movement to the upside.  I also believe the new Valiant universe is pretty interesting. The stories have been enjoyable.

I have no clue what a movie will do with the property. I have been burned out on movie hype so it's not a decided factor for me.

Just to clarify my position for Valiantman. :foryou:

Well, I would guess that Bloodshot (movie) is destined to go down as a victim of coronavirus fear, since it doesn't open until next weekend and people in states without a confirmed case are already scared of sneezes. O.o