• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Disney Plus have "Han Shoots First"?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Read yesterday that it was done by Lucas when doing the remaster / touch ups to 4k / 3d for a release years ago, but because there wasn't enough demand the version was never in theaters and this is the 1st we're seeing it.

So this is a "real" 4k version of a new hope, not just an upscaled version of HD.

On 11/12/2019 at 11:01 AM, Catwomancomics said:

The original release is the only way to view this movie.  Shame on Lucas for changing it.

American Graffiti is another movie with Lucas involvement that was monkeyed with.  The movie has NEVER been released for home viewing in its original theatrical format.  

I don't know who's responsible for this but man I'm still pissed!!!   :mad:  :censored:

On 11/12/2019 at 11:01 AM, Catwomancomics said:

The original release is the only way to view this movie.  Shame on Lucas for changing it.

I agree completely.  

If you've got extra footage great, but put it in as an extra and let us view it as a stand alone as opposed to Frankensteining "a new viewing experience" that we don't care to see.  If you must sew it in then at least give us the option of the original theatrical version and your Richarded with version.