• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYC Comic Art Con/Expo
2 2

58 posts in this topic

@gumbydarnit

The NY Comic Art Expo is still scheduled for Saturday May 2, 2020.

Nick Katradis and I, (Animated Ink), are going to be set up at the show.  

With Valentine's Day coinciding with the long weekend from President's Day, I would give Zaddick an extra day or so to respond back to you.

If you do end up attending the show, please stop by and introduce yourself.  It is always great to meet fellow CGC board members in person.

All the best.

Cheers!

N.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos

7 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

The NY Comic Art Expo is still scheduled for Saturday May 2, 2020.

That is great to know, I already have a flight booked. I definitely will introduce myself, meeting the guys in the hobby is just about the best part of the cons.

I'll be the guy in the green foam Gumby suit... it is a cosplay c-list movie star show right? ;)

2 hours ago, gumbydarnit said:

cosplay

There was a group that showed up in costume at the first one, probably thinking it was a Big Apple show. All the art collectors were looking at them like they were nuts. And then they started walking the room looking at prices... and thinking we were all nuts!

16 minutes ago, RBerman said:

My wife and I visited that museum when we were in NYC a few years ago. I have pictures... somewhere.

I'd like to go sometime - it's been absorbed by the Society of Illustrators and they don't always have comic art on exhibit, but I look forward to visiting sometime.

5 hours ago, DeadpoolJr. said:

Pretty interesting to see how many people here seem to live so close by each other. You have the Chicago group, California people, and the East coasters who live NYC or Bergen county.

Sold a Pep Comics slab a couple weeks back on here, was sooo much easier to just drop off in person.

There's a decent chance I can make it to this show if it's May 2.

3 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Does anyone know the status of the NJ art con next week, or the upcoming NY con? I just saw the Big Apple con was cancelled.

Postponed until this virus settles down.

No surprise.

NYS had just imposed a maximum event occupancy at 500 persons.

NJ followed up with a 250 person maximum occupancy limit.

Carbo's Big Apple show average daily attendance was probably close to 1000 persons per day.

The NJ art show is well under 250 persons but I'm sure some of the exhibitors were a bit hesitant to set up so postponing or cancelling the show is the best thing to do in this environment.  Joe V made the right decision.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos

Zaddick is having issues with his CGC account so he asked if I could post this message on his behalf regarding the NY Comic Art Expo.

From Zaddick:

Just like every gathering in New York City and many other places, the 3rd annual NYC Comic Art Expo scheduled for May 2nd has been canceled. 

Please stay safe and the NYC Comic Art Expo will be back.  

Zaddick and Terry

Any questions please contact directly:

senbach@hotmail.com