• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What percentage of Action 1’s & Tec 27’s on the Census have been resubmitted

18 posts in this topic

Very excellent question, Chicago Boy.  You are causing me to chime-in, which I rarely do.  Although I remember you my last time, maybe 8 months ago...???...giving such a wrong opinion - in opposition to More Fun #73.  I mean seriously...this board is great for everything...except investing advice.  Young newbie Golden Age collectors...you are in the right place, you have the right idea...but don't listen to all the wrong advice/opinions here.

As for the headline question....What % of Action 1 and Tech 27 have been re-submitted to CGC ?  The answer is....ALL OF THEM.  Everyone in the comic business rips open all their slabs and has the books pressed (ironed) and re-slabbed.  Before every auction, dealers enter the office and look at every comic under a microscope and determine how much each one will press/iron up.

But fret not, newbies.  Me...I own 2 great Edgar Church's...so no worries.  And I have advice for you...later.........

3 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

I have no idea what % of copies are resubmissions (without turning in the old label to remove it from the census), but I can tell you that multiple copies have bumped up in grade because I keep a record of it with before/after scans.

Excellent insight !  Mad props to all the data you collect on these mega keys !!!

5 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Excellent insight !  Mad props to all the data you collect on these mega keys !!!

LOL....what's next, Tom Jones trying out for American Idol?  I've seen more modern-ity/up-to-the-date info on Little House On The Prairie.

1 hour ago, ChillMan said:

LOL....what's next, Tom Jones trying out for American Idol?  I've seen more modern-ity/up-to-the-date info on Little House On The Prairie.

4 posts in 20 months and I rather question your board name. Instead of ChillMan maybe FervantMan would better suit your demeanor haha!!! I’m just teasing obviously I appreciate your posts but they are anything but chill man 😂

5 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Chill out pussycat 

It's not unusual....to bid more on THE More Fun....

Cause when I smiiile at aaalll of this bull shyyytttt....

It's not unusual....to find out AquaaMan! is worth ALMOOO-OOO-OOO-OOO-OOOST.  ALMOOWW....ALMOOWW....ALMOOWW-OOWW-OOWW-OOWW-OOWWST....as Batman, oh yeah, ooo, oh, oh.

51 minutes ago, ChillMan said:

It's not unusual....to bid more on THE More Fun....

Cause when I smiiile at aaalll of this bull shyyytttt....

It's not unusual....to find out AquaaMan! is worth ALMOOO-OOO-OOO-OOO-OOOST.  ALMOOWW....ALMOOWW....ALMOOWW-OOWW-OOWW-OOWW-OOWWST....as Batman, oh yeah, ooo, oh, oh.

This movie would never get "critically acclaimed on Rotten Tomatoes, its awfulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  :)

4 hours ago, Frank Mozz said:

This movie would never get "critically acclaimed on Rotten Tomatoes, its awfulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  :)

Yeah.  Uneven pacing.  Scenes missing.  No new ground covered.  But the female Captain Marvel....this is the hero we need.  Shazam too....light-hearted fun and a big box-office success.

Edited by ChillMan