• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting Idea: Ownership of Shares in Comicbooks
1 1

97 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I saw this and thought its so interesting. The oppurtunity to have ownership into the Amazing Fantasy 15 GCG 7.0. Where any average joe can buy fractional ownership of this comic, kind of like robinhood. Its through this site called www.hipcomic.com. Do you guys think there is potential interest in this?

www.hipcomic.com/invest

Edited by rclark123

19 hours ago, rclark123 said:

Hi all,

I saw this and thought its so interesting. The oppurtunity to have ownership into the Amazing Fantasy 15 GCG 7.0. Where any average joe can buy fractional ownership of this comic, kind of like robinhood. Its through this site called www.hipcomic.com. Do you guys think there is potential interest in this?

www.hipcomic.com/invest

:fear:

47 minutes ago, D84 said:

It looks like someone is tricking people into paying for their Amazing Fantasy 15.

I was getting that impression... as well..

51 minutes ago, D84 said:

It looks like someone is tricking people into paying for their Amazing Fantasy 15.

I couldn't agree more, where is the hard copy of the share?

Do people wake up in the morning and spend the entire day figuring out how they can rip people off?

Edited by Hollywood1892

The only way I can see this taking off is if they actually get a ton of people buying the shares but also get a ton more of people who want to buy those shares later on for more money on the secondary market, which isn't even active not until 2020. I mean if they at least had the secondary market available then I would consider but this seems like if anything goes side ways in the next year.. your out your money as you can't sell your "share" of the comic. 

I think it could work maybe but I think it would be better if they were much further along and had multiple books that the shares would be involved in maybe.. 

its also shares for a book.. how does anyone ever get paid at the end? I mean will they ever sell the book how does the money ever come back out of shares, will they cap shares will they sell unlimited amounts.. there is too much grey area's to allow for some major scams to be had here. There is no regulation its up to HipComic to be liable and responsible and truthful..

I mean I love the idea of being able to own a AF15 but I think I'll save up a bit more and get a low grade copy. for like 10-15k