• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting Idea: Ownership of Shares in Comicbooks

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I was just bored one day, and found this thing that this site called www.hipcomic.com is doing. I have sold/bought from them before, highly recommend. They are allowing people have fractional ownership of the Amazing Fantasy #15, by buying shares that you can own. I personally think its kinda cool, and see how it does. I reserved shares, I think right now you can only show interest, but thought it would be of interest to people here. This is a book that is def I have always dreamed of owning. 

Check out the link below.

www.hipcomic.com/invest

Edited by rclark123

Ive heard of people doing this with paintings.  A group was trying to do this with a black lotus magic card, and that attempt didnt look good.

When you buy a share in a collectible, you cross the threshold into into pure investor.  At that point, I'd feel better putting my money into a traditional investment with tax benefits, regulations, and what not like real estate or securities. 

It says the comic will be filed with the sec, but I dont know or trust hipcomics.com like I do Schwab. 

P2ll2

Edited by waaaghboss

1 hour ago, BrooksR said:

What happens if you need to sell your share? Do you have to find another buyer? Is there a designated time that the book will be sold? 

I think there is a secondary market, where you would trade your shares with other buyers on prospective days, similar to Schwab or other Financial service institutions.