• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE Added Nice, Vintage MAD Mags! MAD Imitator Mags! Comic Magazines Warren, Marvel, Peterson, Curtis and others
1 1

91 posts in this topic

Ooops, 3 more I forgot about...

MAD #65 Sept 1961

Another sentiinmental favorite. Back as a kid, I found a copy of this nailed to a tree with one nail at summer camp. I had never seen it. I read it to death! Great Freas gag with "What Me Worry" in Latin! Love the back cover gag as well!

Nice, tight, glossy copy with no tears or creases. Has a small bend at top near spine. A few small spine bends and an upper right corner bend. Probably very pressable. Nice copy!

$25.

mad65a.jpg

mad65b.jpg

MAD #68 Jan 1962

Just before I started buying it by a few issues. Another very asked about issue. Might be the only Don Martin cover on this magazine. Great gag!

Has some very light edge tanning. Not a problem. Very supple and pliable. A couple small creases in the "G" above the title. Small back cover crease at top. The defects really pop out on these white covers. Tight, bright, no splits or tears or major creases. Very supple copy.

$25.

mad68a.jpg

mad68b.jpg

MAD #69 March 1962

Awsome and classic Alfred Joker card cover. The other card's expressions are priceless. Beautiful green background really makes it pop.

Has a light center "subscription" crease that does not break color. Light discoloration at bottom of book. Smooth, tight spine, no tears, just light general wear otherwise.

$25.

mad69a.jpg

mad69b.jpg

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

MAD #44 Jan 1959

Classic Christmas cover featuring Alfe's girlfriend on the back cover. Beautiful Christmas colors that just hit the mark this time of year!

Slight bend in upper right corner that does not break color. Some tiny indentations in upper left corner. Back cover has a few small bends in lower left corner. No tears, creases, splits.Tight, smooth spine. Nice interior pages. Bright and glossy.

$45.

mad44a.jpg

mad44b.jpg

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

MAD #59 Dec 1960

Maybe my second favorite MAD cover and easiliest they one everybody wants and sells first. All my Halloween memorabilia customers love this one in even low grade. Can't afford the original art in Heritage? Grab the original...

Tough, black cover. Shows every fault. A very nice copy considering. No tears, creases or splits. Tightly bound copy. Has a new small bends on corners and right edge that do not break color. Worst is 1/8" in lower right corner. Light dust shadow in lower back cover. Sharp copy and so tough in super high grade. When I run into MAD stashes (and they are drying up), this one is usually missing or bad shape.

$75. (don't mind keeping it...)

mad59a.jpg

mad59b.jpg

:takeit:  Thanks for sharing these! 

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

MAD #43 Dec 1958

Probably my favorite MAD cover. Frank Kelly Freas was at his prime here. Just check out all the action going on here. All the way back to the dinosaur in the background. A masterpiece! Classic back cover as well!

Beautiful, flat, clean, bright copy.Just a small bend on the right side that does not break color and a light shadow in upper back cover. Tight, smooth spine, sharp corners, no tears or creases.Tightly bound copy with nice pages.

$50.

mad43a.jpg

mad43b.jpg

:takeit:

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

OK, People love MAD, but do they buy them? Let's see. Here is a small group of what I consider some of the best covers they ever produced. Decent copies and ones every fan should have.

MAD #32 Aug 1957

Great Norman Mingo 4th of July cover!

Has a few small spine nicks and dents on edges. No tears or creases. Book and venterfold bound tight to covers. Nice interior paper.

$45.

I'd be all over this if I didn't already own it.  This is the first appearance of Dr. Fredric Werthless!

This here Junk Sale is now officially closed. Invoices have been PM'd. Please check them carefully especially if you claimed Freebees.

Thanks as always for all your business and support. It's such a pleasure to sell here.

And now a question... When getting ready for a show this weekend, I discovered a couple boxes of books, vintage paperbacks, big little books, girly mags, car/hot rod mags and such. Any interest? Maybe JUNK SALE in Mixed Part Two?