• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE Added Nice, Vintage MAD Mags! MAD Imitator Mags! Comic Magazines Warren, Marvel, Peterson, Curtis and others
1 1

91 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Never hem and haw Jimmers, just poof just like that it's gone...

I will try to post some more mags when I get done with my Mixed thread.

I know better,I know you know lol Lately I've grabbed and regretted after,when I see something higher on the wants is all.Almost missed on a Wonder Woman 21 because I was reckless in taking,and it's a top five for me!I worked it out,thankfully!

Some real obscure ones coming up...

Around 1958-1959 publishers were seeing the big numbers put up by MAD Magazine. They decided, like they did with the comic version, to get on the bandwagon. There were loads of short run titles flooding the market. Most except Cracked, did very poorly and folded fast. Some are actually quite good with many GA/SA artists lending their skills. These are very obscure and for the most part quite rare. I have collected them for years. These are my dupes. Many, I have only seen once or twice. If you collect these, condition de dammed as you are un-likely to find many of these at all.

These are all quite low grade but cheap. Well worth grabbing a few if you like MAD or satire. Probably won't see many of them again...

SOLD!

Campus Howl #2 1960

Great Joe Simon cover! I have only seen #2 and #3. That was probably about it for this one.

Mag is a bit off kilter. A few tiny edge tears, bends and general wear. No pieces missing major tears or any creasing. Everything well attached. Yellowed but supple interior pages.

$15.

campushowl1.jpg

campushowl2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

6 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Campus Howl #2 1960

Great Joe Simon cover! I have only seen #2 and #3. That was probably about it for this one.

Mag is a bit off kilter. A few tiny edge tears, bends and general wear. No pieces missing major tears or any creasing. Everything well attached. Yellowed but supple interior pages.

$15.

campushowl1.jpg

campushowl2.jpg

take it take take take

Cracked Magazine #3 July 1958

Easily, the best and long lived of the MAD imators.

Great cover by John by Severin. Has cool cover boarder like MAD at the time. Interior art by Severin, Russ Heath, Maneely, Burgos, Bill Ward and others.

Covers are neatly split and detached. Small piece out of bottom of spine. Interior pages are yellow but clean and supple.

$20.

cracked3a.jpg

cracked3b.jpg

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:
3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

take it take take take

Ha, Ha, Ha, Campus Howl is all yours Lizards! Many thanks!

A "women on my mantel" cover for my 'men on the mantel' collection!  Whoo, hoo!!!! :banana: 

Cracked Magazine #7 Jan 1957

Great cover by John by Severin. Very cool interior ad for the Cracked T-Shirt. Man, I want one of those and have NEVER seen one...Has cool cover boarder like MAD at the time with many past issues pictured. Interior art by Severin, Burgos, Torres, Everett  and others.

Mag is bug chewed in lower right corner. Does not affect and interior art at all. Cover neatly split to bottom staple. A little staining or tanning on back cover edges. A decent copy otherwise.

$20.

cracked7a.jpg

cracked7b.jpg

cracked7c.jpg

Cracked Magazine #35 April 1964

Great cover by John by Severin featuring Sylvester (Cracked's answer to Alfred E Neuman). Back cover is a straight ripp off to MAD #70 I believe.

Pretty nice copy. Tight, solid and clean. A couple small creases at bottom right. No tears or pieces missing. Covers well bound to yellowed supple interior pages.

$15.

cracked35a.jpg

cracked35b.jpg

Frantic #12 April 1959

Severin cover, Burgos art. Man, these guys got around the satire curcuit!

Has a neat 1-1/2" upper spine split. Spine is a little weak but fairly well attached. A few small chips and creases on right edge. Back cover has a small piece missing on edge, a couple small tears and some light staining.

WAS $15.   NOW $10.

frantic1.jpg

frantic2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Frenzy #4 Nov 1958

Artists and writers listed are folks like Rembrant, Shakespeare, Matisse, Dickens ect. Ha, ha! Not bad stuff at all though. Cover looks like Joe Simon but isn't.

Covers are neatly split and detached. Foxing around edges. Small corner and edge tears. Nice interior paper and easily read. Looks good "in the bag"

WAS $15.   NOW $10.

frenzy1.jpg

frenzy2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Help! #7 Feb 1961

Kurtzman's effort after he left MAD. A bit of a more adult "contempory" magazine. Early Gahan Wilson art. Paul Coker (from MAD), Arnold Roth and others.

Covers very neatly split and detached. Otherwise, very nice with no tears, creases or missing pieces. Nice paper throughout.

WAS $15.   NOW $12.

help7a.jpg

help7b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Help! #17 Feb 1963

More Kurtzman craziesness. Milton Caniff, Roth and other budding cartoonists.

Nice copy. Tight and solid. Cover neatly split down from top to top staple. A few spine nicks and tiny tears. No other tears or any creases.

WAS $20.   NOW $15.

help17a.jpg

help17b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Loco #3 Jan 1959

A real weird one. I only have #1 and #3. Maybe more issues but I've never seen any.

Another John Severin cover. Has some nice Jack Davis art and other cool stuff.

Missing back cover. Front cover neatly detached. Some light foxing on cover. Interior pages are bound tight and nice.

WAS $8.   NOW $5.

loco1a.jpg

loco1b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Thimk #4 Dec 1958

Maybe my favorite title from the imitatiors. They seemed to jump on every trend of the time. Their "mascott" was Frankenstein names Otis Dracenstein! This one features him AND Elvis on the cover.

This one also offers a great T-Shirt that I would love to find!!!

Cover is 3/4ths neatly split. A few small bug holes. General wear. Can be read carefully. Paper is very supple.

$20.

thimk4a.jpg

thimk4b.jpg

IMG_7257.jpg

Thimk #6 May 1959

This one features him and his delenquent crew including Marlon Brando and "Cluck" Clark on the cover!

Spine is split at top and bottom of spine but holding well in the center. Has some waterstaining on left edge. A few tiny, edge chips and tears. Nice, supple interior paper.

$20.

thimk6a.jpg

thimk7b.jpg