• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE Added Nice, Vintage MAD Mags! MAD Imitator Mags! Comic Magazines Warren, Marvel, Peterson, Curtis and others
1 1

91 posts in this topic

Probably not but thought I'd ask...  Anybody looking for early MAD Magazines? Like issues in the #32-70 numbers. I have most of them including more than one copy of each in varying grades and will post them at good discounts if there is any interest. Let me know.

Also have some oddball pre-Mad and early MAD ripoff "stuff" like this if anyone is interested...

MadMadMadGame.1jpg.jpg

On 11/12/2019 at 3:08 PM, Robot Man said:

Planet of the Apes #1 1974 Curtis Pubs

Classic movie!

Very nice shape. Tight, clean copy. A few minor bends that do not break color. Smooth, square spine with no tears or splits. No tears or creases.

WAS $25.   NOW $20.

planetapesmags2.jpg

planetapesmags3.jpg

Take

On 11/13/2019 at 1:00 PM, Robot Man said:

OK, got another pile of mags for your persual today.

Don't forget to check out my other thread in Mixed for some more stuff that probably shouldn't be listed in this thread.

Let's start out with another Freebee

Comic Book Marketplace Aug 2004 Great horror issue. If we only knew then what we know now...

FREE to the next :takeit:in this thread. Just claim it!

Free#1cbm.jpg

Claim/Take

OK, People love MAD, but do they buy them? Let's see. Here is a small group of what I consider some of the best covers they ever produced. Decent copies and ones every fan should have.

MAD #32 Aug 1957

Great Norman Mingo 4th of July cover!

Has a few small spine nicks and dents on edges. No tears or creases. Book and venterfold bound tight to covers. Nice interior paper.

$45.

mad34a.jpg

mad34b.jpg

SOLD!

MAD #43 Dec 1958

Probably my favorite MAD cover. Frank Kelly Freas was at his prime here. Just check out all the action going on here. All the way back to the dinosaur in the background. A masterpiece! Classic back cover as well!

Beautiful, flat, clean, bright copy.Just a small bend on the right side that does not break color and a light shadow in upper back cover. Tight, smooth spine, sharp corners, no tears or creases.Tightly bound copy with nice pages.

$50.

mad43a.jpg

mad43b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

MAD #44 Jan 1959

Classic Christmas cover featuring Alfe's girlfriend on the back cover. Beautiful Christmas colors that just hit the mark this time of year!

Slight bend in upper right corner that does not break color. Some tiny indentations in upper left corner. Back cover has a few small bends in lower left corner. No tears, creases, splits.Tight, smooth spine. Nice interior pages. Bright and glossy.

$45.

mad44a.jpg

mad44b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

MAD #45 March 1959

Awsome Valentines cover also featuring Alfie's girlfriend. Kind of weird, they never mentioned her or gave her a name. Such a great holiday cover.

Has a long bend at spine. Like a roll but not creased or color breaking. Could be pressed out easily if one desired. A couple small cover bends in corners. No tears, creases or splits. Tightly bound with nice pages.

$45.

mad45a.jpg

mad45b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

MAD #46 April 1959

Classic "End of MAD" issue. No the back cover photo is not upside down. Read the cover you clods!

Bound very slightly off kilter at the top. Light dust shadow on back cover. No tears,splits or creases. Sharp corners.Bound tight to supple interior pages.

$40.

mad46a.jpg

mad46b.jpg

MAD #56 July 1960

Another Freas killer cover! Just see how many people you can name on this great political cover. Maybe if Alfred E Neuman were running the show this country would be a lot happier!

Very bright, tight and sharp. No tears, splits or creases. Very tiny spine tear/split in middle. Light dust shadow on right side of cover and on on back cover. Book is well bound to covers. Again, just very minor wear. Nice interior pages.

$45.

mad56a.jpg

mad56b.jpg

SOLD!

MAD #59 Dec 1960

Maybe my second favorite MAD cover and easiliest they one everybody wants and sells first. All my Halloween memorabilia customers love this one in even low grade. Can't afford the original art in Heritage? Grab the original...

Tough, black cover. Shows every fault. A very nice copy considering. No tears, creases or splits. Tightly bound copy. Has a new small bends on corners and right edge that do not break color. Worst is 1/8" in lower right corner. Light dust shadow in lower back cover. Sharp copy and so tough in super high grade. When I run into MAD stashes (and they are drying up), this one is usually missing or bad shape.

$75. (don't mind keeping it...)

mad59a.jpg

mad59b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

MAD #64 July 1961

Wow, what a cool one! Just look at the detail on the slot machine. Love the guy in the barrel. One of the first back issues I found when I started collecting these as a kid. Great gag and blinding red color. Kelly knocked it out of the park on this one.

Bright, glossy and tight. Smooth tight spine. No tears, splits or creases. Originally bound just a little off. (see bottom). A few small spine nicks and corner bends. Slight reading bend at spine. Would press out nice if someone wanted to. Pretty copy.

$30.

mad64a.jpg

mad64b.jpg