• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE Added Nice, Vintage MAD Mags! MAD Imitator Mags! Comic Magazines Warren, Marvel, Peterson, Curtis and others
1 1

91 posts in this topic

Continuing to clean out the junk pile. This sale is all magazines from the listed publishers. Probably no comic books on this one. Maybe a few odd things here. I will also be running at the same time another thread in Mixed with reprints, Hardbound books about comics, early price guides (not Overstreet), and who knows what. Please check it out too. I will post some stuff here, move over to the other one and post stuff for the next few days. Stuff should be priced to move. Have fun...

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage will vary depending on what you buy, how much you buy and where you live. I will keep cost to a minimum and ship the most cost effecient way. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

I prefer checks and money orders as to not run up my PayPal tally too much but will also accept Paypal if you prefer.  

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

Shock Magazine #1 May 1969 Stanley Pubs

Classic PCH reprints from one of the goriest of the PCH Publishers!

Beautiful copy. Flat, glossy, tight, smooth spine. Just a few small spine crimps/bends. The most tinest of corner wear. No tears, bends or creases

WAS $45.   NOW $40. NICE Copy!

shock1a.jpg

shock1b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Tales of the Zombie #6 July 1974 Marvel/Curtis

Hot GGA and Zombies! Who could ask for more.

A real nice bright, flat, glossy, tight copy. No tears or creases. Has a small bend in upper right corner that does not break color. A few small spine nicks and a bend at spine where book was opened and read. Nothing color breaking. A press would greatly improve this one.

$15.

talesofzombie1.jpg

talesofzombie2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Planet of the Apes #1 1974 Curtis Pubs

Classic movie!

Very nice shape. Tight, clean copy. A few minor bends that do not break color. Smooth, square spine with no tears or splits. No tears or creases.

WAS $25.   NOW $20.

planetapesmags2.jpg

planetapesmags3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Cartoons Magazine #1 (Digest size) 1959 Peterson/Trend Pubs

Seminal car humor magazine dedicated to car guys. VERY hard to come by

A nice copy that shows some wear. A few creases, an couple small tears on back cover. Back cover has a few light stains. Cover well attached to book. No missing pieces. Supple interior paper.

$40.

cartoons1a.jpg

cartoons1b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Just now, Robot Man said:

OK, might be it for today. After a little break, I will be starting up my other thread in Mixed. Don't miss it!

Not really my sort of stuff, but wanted to say Hi and wish you all the best!

Just now, Comcav said:

Not really my sort of stuff, but wanted to say Hi and wish you all the best!

Howdy William! Yep, probably not a lot for you this time unless I suddenly switch directions...:roflmao:

Waiting to do battle over in Rick's thread in a while. Got a few books but I'm pretty covered unless I want better ones...

Good luck to you today!

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Cartoons Magazine #1 (Digest size) 1959 Peterson/Trend Pubs

Seminal car humor magazine dedicated to car guys. VERY hard to come by

A nice copy that shows some wear. A few creases, an couple small tears on back cover. Back cover has a few light stains. Cover well attached to book. No missing pieces. Supple interior paper.

$40.

cartoons1a.jpg

cartoons1b.jpg

take

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

OK, Freebie time

Comic Book Marketplace Sept 1996

Lou Fine, Eisner, Joe Sinnott and "Get out your decoder rings" features

Free to the first buyer in this thread and claims it!

Free#2cbm.jpg

take

CLAIMED!

OK, got another pile of mags for your persual today.

Don't forget to check out my other thread in Mixed for some more stuff that probably shouldn't be listed in this thread.

Let's start out with another Freebee

Comic Book Marketplace Aug 2004 Great horror issue. If we only knew then what we know now...

FREE to the next :takeit:in this thread. Just claim it!

Free#1cbm.jpg

Edited by Robot Man