• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atlas War book
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Marines in Battle #3 River city pedigree slight oxidation top staple. Faint sun shadow along spine front and back cover, printers crease middle font and back cover.   Nice gloss and colors, white pages.  Don't  see any graded in the CGC census so don't know how rare this is.  Would be highest graded if I did submit being there is no competition.xD

1573587291427-bdbfaf13-067e-45b6-b350-eaaf8966781e_.jpg

1573587368719-dbcce3f9-0def-4436-90a4-b814176d1ec4_.jpg

20191112_113716.jpg

20191112_113742.jpg

6.5 .... 7.0? Awesome Russ Heath cover!

Atlas books are really hard to find in anything high mid grade and up (and when you do expect to pay for them). Yours is a very nice copy.

Here is another one on eBay right now .... not super easy to find but it seems they are out there?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARINES-in-BATTLE-3-1954-TELL-IT-TO-THE-MARINRES-11-1955-Golden-Age-Comics/303323232705?hash=item469f7939c1:g:SzYAAOSwEJ1cOSHl

Edited by 707comics

First, that's another awesome Russ Heath cover. You have to give it up for Russ...always great. :golfclap:

Sun shadows like the ones on this book aren't a big deal in the CGC world, and neither are the printing creases or the writing on the cover. My main concern would be the oxidation to the top staple, and that looks pretty minor. This is a sweet copy with a known pedigree. I wouldn't give it less than an 8.0...

Edited by The Lions Den
Change of grade

8 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

First, that's another awesome Russ Heath cover. You have to give it up for Russ...always great. :golfclap:

Sun shadows like the ones on this book aren't a big deal in the CGC world, and neither are the printing creases or the writing on the cover. My main concern would be the oxidation to the top staple, and that looks pretty minor. This is a sweet copy with a known pedigree. I wouldn't give it less than an 8.0...

I was going to go 7.5 but you dont mess with the king of the jungle    8.0

In a min I am going to load a Watchman ..take a peak if you please

7 hours ago, zzutak said:

Is there any rust on the top staple (either at the cover or at the centerfold), and is there any rust staining to the adjacent cover paper?

MIB-1.jpg.292126e68cde1c280542e9f9d248ab65.jpgMIB-2.jpg.bb8e517234acc226248a89b750b09e51.jpg

There is some minor oxidation spot on the cover near the top staple, nothing on the centerfold or adjoining pages. 

On 11/17/2019 at 7:50 PM, Arak Zantara said:

I was going to go 7.5 but you dont mess with the king of the jungle    8.0

In a min I am going to load a Watchman ..take a peak if you please

You're certainly entitled to your own opinion...I don't take grading differences personally...  (thumbsu