Atlas War book
2 2

15 posts in this topic

1,082 posts

Marines in Battle #3 River city pedigree slight oxidation top staple. Faint sun shadow along spine front and back cover, printers crease middle font and back cover.   Nice gloss and colors, white pages.  Don't  see any graded in the CGC census so don't know how rare this is.  Would be highest graded if I did submit being there is no competition.xD

 

1573587291427-bdbfaf13-067e-45b6-b350-eaaf8966781e_.jpg

1573587368719-dbcce3f9-0def-4436-90a4-b814176d1ec4_.jpg

20191112_113716.jpg

20191112_113742.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,425 posts

I've seen books go as high as 9.4 with a book length dust shadow. Given how nice the rest of the book is I'm thinking 8.0/8.5. Printer's creases are allowed all the way up until 9.8 so I would ignore that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
732 posts

6.5 .... 7.0? Awesome Russ Heath cover!

Atlas books are really hard to find in anything high mid grade and up (and when you do expect to pay for them). Yours is a very nice copy.

Here is another one on eBay right now .... not super easy to find but it seems they are out there?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARINES-in-BATTLE-3-1954-TELL-IT-TO-THE-MARINRES-11-1955-Golden-Age-Comics/303323232705?hash=item469f7939c1:g:SzYAAOSwEJ1cOSHl

Edited by 707comics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,480 posts

8.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,154 posts

First, that's another awesome Russ Heath cover. You have to give it up for Russ...always great. :golfclap:

Sun shadows like the ones on this book aren't a big deal in the CGC world, and neither are the printing creases or the writing on the cover. My main concern would be the oxidation to the top staple, and that looks pretty minor. This is a sweet copy with a known pedigree. I wouldn't give it less than an 8.0...

Edited by The Lions Den
Change of grade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,311 posts

Is there any rust on the top staple (either at the cover or at the centerfold), and is there any rust staining to the adjacent cover paper?

MIB-1.jpg.292126e68cde1c280542e9f9d248ab65.jpgMIB-2.jpg.bb8e517234acc226248a89b750b09e51.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
152 posts
8 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

First, that's another awesome Russ Heath cover. You have to give it up for Russ...always great. :golfclap:

Sun shadows like the ones on this book aren't a big deal in the CGC world, and neither are the printing creases or the writing on the cover. My main concern would be the oxidation to the top staple, and that looks pretty minor. This is a sweet copy with a known pedigree. I wouldn't give it less than an 8.0...

I was going to go 7.5 but you dont mess with the king of the jungle    8.0

In a min I am going to load a Watchman ..take a peak if you please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,082 posts
7 hours ago, zzutak said:

Is there any rust on the top staple (either at the cover or at the centerfold), and is there any rust staining to the adjacent cover paper?

MIB-1.jpg.292126e68cde1c280542e9f9d248ab65.jpgMIB-2.jpg.bb8e517234acc226248a89b750b09e51.jpg

There is some minor oxidation spot on the cover near the top staple, nothing on the centerfold or adjoining pages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,154 posts
On 11/17/2019 at 7:50 PM, Arak Zantara said:

I was going to go 7.5 but you dont mess with the king of the jungle    8.0

In a min I am going to load a Watchman ..take a peak if you please

You're certainly entitled to your own opinion...I don't take grading differences personally...  (thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
152 posts

 

On 11/19/2019 at 7:52 PM, The Lions Den said:

You're certainly entitled to your own opinion...I don't take grading differences personally...  (thumbsu

Literally laughed out load and damn near rolled off my recliner :roflmao::signfunny:;)        And that is why your a favorite!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2