• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE PRICE CUTS! I'm literally giving away some of this FREE! Part Two Reprint Books, Trade Books, Fanzines, Old (non Overstreet) price guides, Pop-up Books and More!

74 posts in this topic

Continuing to clean out the junk pile. This sale is all Reprints, Hardbound books about comics, early price guides (not Overstreet), Fanzines, Pop-up Books and who knows what. I also have a thread going in GA/SA/BA offering all varieties of comic related Magazines. I will post some stuff here, move over to the other one and post stuff for the next few days. Stuff should be priced to move. Have fun...

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage will vary depending on what you buy, how much you buy and where you live. I will keep cost to a minimum and ship the most cost effecient way. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

I prefer checks and money orders as to not run up my PayPal tally too much but will also accept Paypal if you prefer.  

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

The Golden Age of DC Comics 365 Days by Les Daniels, Chip Kidd and Geoff Spear 2004

Wow, what a book! Very thick hardbound book that features a different day of the year highlighting a different GA DC comic. Panels and covers and great info. Full color throughout. Just awsome reading!

WAS $20.   NOW $10!!! (will send via Media Mail)

dc365a.jpg

dc365b.jpg

dc365c.jpg

dc365d.jpg

dc365e.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Marvel Masterworks Atlas Era Lorna the Jungle Queen #1-9 and Lorna the Jungle Girl #6-9

Lavish full color reprints in hard cover with Nice Dust Jacket. Read once by me.

WAS $25. (originally $60.)   NOW $20!!! (sent via Media Mail)

lorna1.jpg

lorna2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Marvel Masterworks Atlas Superheroes

Contains: Marvel Boy #1-2,  Astonishing #3-6 and Young Men #24-28

Everett, Burgos, Heath and Romita art.

Fun stuff from some very hard books to obtain. Read once by me.

WAS $25.   NOW $20!!! (will send via Media Mail)

youngmen1.jpg

youngmen2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

All Winners Volume #2 Contains issues #5-8

Classic tales of Capt. America, Human Torch and The Submariner by Timely Pubs. all in full color.

A very cheap way to read some expensive books. Nice with Dust Jacket. Read once by me.

WAS $25.   NOW $20. (sent via Media Mail)  I haven't seen a $5. All Winners since the 1960's...

allwinners1.jpg

allwinners2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Something a little older... Back in the very early days of collecting, comics selling was the Wild West. A number of people tried to standardize pricing for the up and coming comic collector crowd. There was, and still is The Overstreet Guide. But there were a lot of other ones. All fell through the cracks. This is one of those.

The Official Guide to Paper Americana by Hal Cohen 1972. This handy little guide, in addition to comic books, also lists other forms of paper Americana such as Books, Catalogs, Newspapers, Posters, Pulps, Gum Cards and others. Prices include: Action #1 $300, Capt America #1 $150, Detective #27 $275. and more! And these prices seemed about as far fetched as they do today.

A great piece of comic history!

$45.

paperamericana1.jpg

paperamericana2.jpg

paperamericana3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Annother oldie...

Monster Times Magazine #10 May 31 1972

Entire issue devoted to EC. Articles, Interviews with Gaines and others, picture features of EC's as well as other "objectionable" comics. Great poster centerfold. Printed on newsprint. Has a few splits, tears, chips ect but can be carefully read and enjoyed by today's horror fans. Another great piece of early fandom!

WAS $20.   NOW $15. for a classic piece of EC history from the dawn of fandom!

ecmonstertimes1.jpg

ecmonstertimes2.jpg

ecmonstertimes3.jpg

ecmonstertimes4.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

CLAIMED!

OK, freebee time!

The Official Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide Companion #1 (with Big Little Books) Fat little guide that looks like a BLB!

STILL.............Free, to the next one to purchase something and claims it!

overstreetcompanion.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

The Forensic Comicologist by Jamie Newbold founder and owner of SO CA Comics in San Diego.

What a great book! I have known Jamie for probably 50 years. We used to crawl the Rose Bowl and other flea markets with a few other guys like Ski Mark Ford and Loren Mark buying as many loads of GA and SA comics for next to nothing. Many stories of the finds and unusual people we encountered. Jamie, a very respected comic fiend covers his opinions and gives advice to all of those who have come after him. A book that will be hard to put down. (I read it in almost a single reading).

Robot Man 5 star rating!

$15.

comicologist.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Last one today...

The Amazing World of DC Comics Fanzine #8 Sept 1975

Carmine Infantino tribute issue. Covers the whole world of DC SA titles. Including a piece very near and dear to me, an article on all the GA DC membership kits and clubs!

WAS $15.   NOW Half price at 8 bucks!

dcmag.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

11 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

The Forensic Comicologist by Jamie Newbold founder and owner of SO CA Comics in San Diego.

What a great book! I have known Jamie for probably 50 years. We used to crawl the Rose Bowl and other flea markets with a few other guys like Ski Mark Ford and Loren Mark buying as many loads of GA and SA comics for next to nothing. Many stories of the finds and unusual people we encountered. Jamie, a very respected comic fiend covers his opinions and gives advice to all of those who have come after him. A book that will be hard to put down. (I read it in almost a single reading).

Robot Man 5 star rating!

$15.

comicologist.jpg

Sounds like a cool read - I'll take it!  :takeit:

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

The Comicologist goes to PopKulture. You will love this book. A wonderful essay on the early comic collecting culture in LA. 

Thanks. I've always encouraged some of the old-timers in the Chicago area to put pen-to-paper so similar tales about the local culture won't be lost to the ages.

And too many have already been lost as it is...  ???

16 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Thanks. I've always encouraged some of the old-timers in the Chicago area to put pen-to-paper so similar tales about the local culture won't be lost to the ages.

And too many have already been lost as it is...  ???

I'll bet guys like Jamie Graham and Moondog got some stories. I know there were a number of great comic shops in that era. Don't know how prevelant swap meets and flea markets are or were.

OK, starting up this one again today. Will have a lot of weird stuff I need to move. Perhaps, something some one needs. A lot of great reading and refrence material. I really want to move this stuff for the most part. Cleaning out the closets, book shelves and garage. Finding stuff I never knew I still had. So feel free to make offers.

Don't forget my other thread over in GA/SA/BA for a lot of comic related magazines this time.

Up with the first offering in a few minutes.

CLAIMED!

OK, Freebee time!

Next :takeit:in this thread gets

Comic Book Marketplace Nov 2003  Fox Comics tribute issue. Just look at that happy kid, he could be YOU.

STILL FREE with any purchase.........Just claim it and it's yours, FREE!

Free#3cbm.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Obscure and vintage time

Another early, non-Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide

Official Guide to Comic Books 1974 Hal Cohen

Thousands of prices listed. How about Tales of Terror Annual #1 for $150?  Superman #1 for $750?  Wonder Woman #1 $75? Don't well wish... A great time capsule of early fandom. Tells you how to get rich selling old funnybooks. If only we had all listened...

$35.

cohencomicpriceguide1.jpg

cohencomicpriceguide2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Golden Age of DC Comics Taschen Pubs

Large, lavish, heavy hardback volume. Features full color reproductions, commentary, great info and obscure photographs on the GA of DC. VERY recomended!

$20. Cheap! Can be sent media mail to save shipping costs...

dcgahb1.jpg

dcgahb2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man