• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most valuable comic out there
1 1

73 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, romanheart said:

I'm thinking the best grade copy of Action#1 but I honestly don't know.

Yeah that makes sense, its always something I was intrigued by. Like what else do people have in their attic, that they don't know what they are sitting on. 

1 minute ago, rclark123 said:

Yeah that makes sense, its always something I was intrigued by. Like what else do people have in their attic, that they don't know what they are sitting on. 

You would still have to test the theory, and everything is based on the last sale. I also don't know who has the copy that would want to part with it.

I don't think anything would be more valuable, but perhaps there is a comic more rare?

And I mean a comic that received a legitimate printing. Not a variant or alternate printing or a book with a desirable defect like 16 covers or something. Just a book that was printed, likely in the Golden Age, that copies just do not exist of but is also very desirable. Like is it accurate to say there are between 50-75 confirmed copies of Action Comics #1? Is there an actual count somewhere? And is there a book with fewer confirmed copies in existence that is desired?

52 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I don't think anything would be more valuable, but perhaps there is a comic more rare?

And I mean a comic that received a legitimate printing. Not a variant or alternate printing or a book with a desirable defect like 16 covers or something. Just a book that was printed, likely in the Golden Age, that copies just do not exist of but is also very desirable. Like is it accurate to say there are between 50-75 confirmed copies of Action Comics #1? Is there an actual count somewhere? And is there a book with fewer confirmed copies in existence that is desired?

There are quite a few comics more rare than Action #1. Amazing Man #26, for example, or Suspense Comics #3.

18 minutes ago, Foley said:
1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Easy, the Dentist’s Church copy of Action #1. 

Drop the mike.

And welcome to the boards!

Maybe followed by his Allentown Tec 27

Was just about to bring up the AT Tec 27.  It would give the Church Action 1 a run for its money for most valuable comic book in the hobby I think. I would lean towards the Tec 27 :p

29 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:
39 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

There are quite a few comics more rare than Action #1. Amazing Man #26, for example, or Suspense Comics #3.

Why is ASM #26 so hard to find?

Amazing Man #26, not Amazing Spider-Man 26  :baiting:

Edited by Jeffro™

I can see why Suspense Comics #3 would be hard to find. Seems like a prime candidate for "burning" back in the day as part of the "comics are bad" movement. 

Why is Amazing Man #26 so hard to find? And is there any data available anywhere on print runs of some of these books?