Darkhawk w Mark Jeweler's Inserts $$$
1 1

4 posts in this topic

19,677 posts

Greetings

I'm looking for Darkhawk (Series 1) comics with Mark Jeweler's Inserts.  I believe they have been seen in 2 issues under 10 (not issue 1), but might be in a few higher issues or Annual 1.  Mark Jeweler's are cardboard inserts in NEWSSTAND issues (barcode UPC) generally sold on or around US Military bases from the 70's through 90's.  Darkhawk came out at the end of the MJ program, so the distribution might be sparse or inconsistent.

Rules:

1.  $10 per copy for raw reader condition or below.

2.  $15 per copy for raw Fine to VF

3.  CGC 9.8 GPA for a raw NM copy.  Yes I will pay CGC 9.8 prices for a RAW NM copy.

4.  I will only buy at MOST two each of any one comic.

5.  For Darkhawk 1, I will pay DOUBLE all of the above prices.

6.  For every FIVE comics you sell me, I will include a $5 bonus to YOU.

7.  The prices paid above are IN ADDITION TO SHIPPING, which I will pay for separately.

8.  I make payments via Paypal Goods and Services, unless you live close to me, we can do cash exchanges.  If we've done business a bunch of times in the past, we can discuss payment by check (don't be insulted if I don't agree to it though!)

9.  In addition, I'm also looking for FOREIGN Darkhawk comics - I have the Spanish and Italian ones, though I could be persuaded to upgrade if you have higher grades.  I'd for sure be interested in Australian Newsstand editions, assuming they exist (no evidence yet).  If you have ANY foreign Darkhawk comics, we can talk about it.

10.  Of course I'm gonna need copious pictures and scans before buying anything.

THANKS.

13,323 posts

I have a few shortboxes of these, i dont remember darkhawk specifically but i will double check

758 posts
On 11/13/2019 at 2:55 PM, revat said:

Greetings

I'm looking for Darkhawk (Series 1) comics with Mark Jeweler's Inserts.  I believe they have been seen in 2 issues under 10 (not issue 1), but might be in a few higher issues or Annual 1.  Mark Jeweler's are cardboard inserts in NEWSSTAND issues (barcode UPC) generally sold on or around US Military bases from the 70's through 90's.  Darkhawk came out at the end of the MJ program, so the distribution might be sparse or inconsistent.

Rules:

1.  $10 per copy for raw reader condition or below.

2.  $15 per copy for raw Fine to VF

3.  CGC 9.8 GPA for a raw NM copy.  Yes I will pay CGC 9.8 prices for a RAW NM copy.

4.  I will only buy at MOST two each of any one comic.

5.  For Darkhawk 1, I will pay DOUBLE all of the above prices.

6.  For every FIVE comics you sell me, I will include a $5 bonus to YOU.

7.  The prices paid above are IN ADDITION TO SHIPPING, which I will pay for separately.

8.  I make payments via Paypal Goods and Services, unless you live close to me, we can do cash exchanges.  If we've done business a bunch of times in the past, we can discuss payment by check (don't be insulted if I don't agree to it though!)

9.  In addition, I'm also looking for FOREIGN Darkhawk comics - I have the Spanish and Italian ones, though I could be persuaded to upgrade if you have higher grades.  I'd for sure be interested in Australian Newsstand editions, assuming they exist (no evidence yet).  If you have ANY foreign Darkhawk comics, we can talk about it.

10.  Of course I'm gonna need copious pictures and scans before buying anything.

THANKS.

Dear Revat -- Yes, the ones toward the end of the run of Mark Jeweler variants can be tough to find.   I suggest you create a search on ebay called "Darkhawk mark jewelers", and that way you will be the first to see them when they come up for sale.   Also, you might want to check ebay Germany for Darkhawk newsstand issues from that time period.  Since they were sold in military PX's over there, you might be more likely to find them on German ebay.   Also, send private message to @awe4one (he seems to be the king of Marvel Mark Jeweler variants).