• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Biggest hole(s) in your collection
1 1

58 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, aokartman said:

Justice League Of America #100 Batman page #4 1972 Comic Art

Dillin and Giella.  From JLA #100, Metamorpho appears.  David

Dillin is my Sal.

Now, how, exactly did Batman land that punch and kick with any power and without falling down?

Edited by Rick2you2

Apart from a few very specific pages that carry a very strong emotional value for me (for example, Hulk 206 and 207 splashes with the Defenders by dream team Buscema Staton or Defenders 50 DPS by Giffen):

- A killer Kirby (ideally Kirby Sinnott)

- A strong interior by Perez from his '70s run on the Avengers (ideally Marcos inks)

- An interior by Starlin from '70s Captain Marvel or Warlock

- A Silvestri cover from his X-Men run from the '80s

Perez Avengers is particularly difficult as his stuff from that run seems to be quite concentrated in some collections...

6 minutes ago, Bill C said:

Actually this calendar year I filled the one major and last several minor holes in my collection. Thought I had them all filled, but actually there is one thing I don't have that I still want:

A good silver age Infantino Flash page with Flash in costume fighting either Reverse Flash, Mirror Master, or Captain Cold.

This bring up a good point for me. Some holes are never fully filled. For me, this is Sal Buscema, Keown, McGuinness, Pelletier, etc. Even when I add a great piece, I still want more examples from different arcs, etc. 

I was able to add a great page from an arc this year (Subby 34) which will keep me happy from that specific arc but not for the artist. 

Happy hunting!

4 hours ago, dichotomy said:

This page would be nice, or anything from this issue UXM 267 would be just super. 

448F47B9-CC4E-49A2-BAF2-18A2F0A14273.jpeg

42D3D03F-597A-4981-A6F9-47F010ABB69F.jpeg

I used to own that page. I bought it from Jim Lee at Wonder Con 1990 for $125, he even drew me a Wolverine head on it. I sold it about a dozen years back to a collector in Europe.

xmen258-17.jpe

xmen258-17sk.jpe

Edited by Brian Peck

47 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

I used to own that page. I bought it from Jim Lee at Wonder Con 1990 for $125, he even drew me a Wolverine head on it. I sold it about a dozen years back to a collector in Europe.

xmen258-17.jpe

xmen258-17sk.jpe

Aye Caramba! Thanks for the update. And yes indeed, if the buyer is open to communication I’d love an introduction. I’ll even adjust for inflation...

A Ditko ASM page.  I actually owned two interior pages at one time but later traded away one and sold the other to help raise funds for an expensive purchase.  I should have kept one of those pages and have deeply regretted it ever since.  Maybe one day I'll get to rectify my own stupidity . . . :wishluck:

Edited by The Voord

A lot of my wants are basically to pieces I sold like Sienks Moon Knight and John Buscema. Would love to add a A+ panel page or cover of  early Darkhawk by Manley and Marvel Fanfare pin-ups when I can afford it. Was finally able to add a Spidey page to my collection this year at least.