• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 New Issues that Collectors went Nuts for... justified or not!

21 posts in this topic

In 2019, the top book ( IMO ) that took the Market by Storm:
    Marvel Comics Presents # 6! :applause: 
   I can’t think of anything that compares ... FOMO - or a belief that Wolverine’s Daughter would one day be a Marvel Movie Star? :whistle: .. all I know is that the craze lasted for 3 or more Months - non-stop!

pic is of my 9.8  “keepers”. I also fanned the fire on this issue, and probably bought / sold 50-80 copies myself this Summer  - and I’m just 1 guy ( collector - not LCS owner ). 10 years from now  — gold or fools gold?          I have enough faith to stick with them (MCP6)...but they’re no sure thing!

What’s your pick as the Top Book from 2019 that took off like a rocket? ....  whether it made sense to or not!

1B6057C5-9246-426C-94A2-AF1479AE5BA1.jpeg

22FB6B52-06D5-42D9-9794-FE40A544A36B.jpeg

805B27B3-550D-4900-A957-3E2E07A089E9.jpeg

Edited by showcase4

1 hour ago, showcase4 said:

Come on - you’re “The Brain”! You see what I’m asking about, right? ( or did I drink too much tonight?! :martini:)

I am going to need a lot more information than this, like why?, story, character,

content, then just a picture. Thanks.

20 hours ago, williamblood said:

most hyped book of 2019 hands down. not a fools gold book imo. i think in a few years it  will be looked at on same level as ultimate fallout 4 or edge of spiderverse 2.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Interesting... why do you think this book has UF4 like potential? 

8 hours ago, showcase4 said:

Interesting... why do you think this book has UF4 like potential? 

few reasons, dc is pushing her. print runs on books increase when she appears. uf4 and eosv2 print runs are nearly triple naomi's. naomi 1st is split between 2 covers. dc has made bendis there front man on stories so as long as he is naomi will be used alot

On 11/14/2019 at 1:45 AM, IbukiLord said:

I see no reason for these 2 books to be as sought after or being sold for what they are, they just seem like junk books but for some reason people have latched onto them.

Marvel Action Spider-Man #10 -1:10 Venom variant

BeQFDkp.jpg

Venom First Host #3 2nd Print

jJBRjkk.jpg

Venom 3 / 2nd Print / 1st Sleeper Cover — presently selling at $60 for 9.6/9.8 raw copies —- IMHO there’s seems to be MUCH more potential upside then downside —- hm

( but what do I know?  - everything I touch seems turns to GOLD ... eventually :headbang: )

Edited by showcase4

13 minutes ago, showcase4 said:

( but what do I know?  - everything I touch seems turns to GOLD ... eventually :headbang: )

Well let's be honest it's not hard to strike gold when all you touch is the same 2 safe bet books in the market now :p

Potential or not I still see no reason for these books being higher than cover price.

1 hour ago, PeterPark said:

I don't understand this one. Hot title and new character but is he ever even going to be used again?

Well Dr. Frye was

Spoiler

dismembered and buried alive under a mountain by the Immortal Hulk.

Theoretically, he could return. Possibly with the aid of a character like the One Below All or some other supernatural/super scientific genius type character. For Marvel....."it is the way".

Edited by kairos70

1 hour ago, kairos70 said:

Well Dr. Frye was

Reveal hidden contents

dismembered and buried alive under a mountain by the Immortal Hulk.

Theoretically, he could return. Possibly with the aid of a character like the One Below All or some other supernatural/super scientific genius type character. For Marvel....."it is the way".

Still dobut that should not be a 80 dollar comic

19 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

Still dobut that should not be a 80 dollar comic

Because it’s a 50.00 book all day and if some dummy wants to pay 80 let them...it keeps the market healthy and allows people to make there money so they can continue to stay in healthy business buying and selling.

Theres a lot of people making bad buys now a days. 

I say more power to them

-Thanos 15 4th print

1st SSB [fallen one] in guts AND full cover app.

-Venom 7/9

Dylan fever, cameo/full. Still affordable with tons of potential.

-TMNT 95

Female turtle is here to stay, solo mini series coming in 2020.

-Cpt Marvel 8

Star def created a lot of buzz at launch and her books are still holding value, solo mini also coming in 2020.

As for the book that def brought a good storm I have to say Rien and Star would be a tie for me.

Edited by Santos208