• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Nice Books. Some Keys. Some High-Grade. No hyperbole needed. Final cut -- everything now 25% off! Closes tomorrow! RECAP on Page 3
1 1

52 posts in this topic

So, a "They took my offer?" purchase off of eBay and an impulsive pick-up or two on the boards here, and it means it's time for a sales thread to keep my home a happy one. lol 

What's for sale:  All of these are books I've never offered before.  Some nice, affordable copies of some keys, some other books that are just neat.  All would look nice in any collection.

About me: I have had a very large number of transactions that have gone very smoothly with many long-standing members here, including many, many sales threads -- you can see my kudos HERE.  I've done deals with so many people here, I've almost lost count!  If anyone has questions, don't hesitate to send a PM and I'll do my best to answer them for you. 

I'll be happy to answer any PM's, but the :takeit:in the thread is king if we haven't come to a definitive agreement.  If for some reason someone takes it in a PM while someone is taking it in the thread, the time stamp as best as I can figure out will determine who gets the book.  Books must be specifically claimed in the thread or via PM.  I'll be invoicing at the end of the thread, but I'll be glad to do so beforehand for anyone if they request it.

No HOS or Probation List members, please. I reserve the right to not sell to anyone I may have on ignore (not that it's many, but if I do, it was for a reason. hm).

Shipping: Shipping will be by U.S.P.S., packed securely in boxes, via Priority Mail and at cost.  Sorry, no Media Mail.  Sorry, only U.S and Canadian orders at this time.  Upon payment, I should be able to ship to you within 48 hours of payment.  

Payment: PayPal only preferred on this thread, no personal. If wanting to pay by check or money order, I'll do so if I've done business with you before, but please contact me by PM first.  Payment is expected within 5 days of an invoice unless you check with me before buying. 

Returns: Returns are accepted for any reason so long as you let me know within 5 days of receiving your order.  Buyer pays return shipping, unless I've made a clear mistake, in which case I promise I'll make it right.  I feel my grading is solid, but I'm as human as anyone else and might have made a mistake. In the end, the main thing is that I want anyone purchasing here to be happy when they're done and feel they can buy with confidence.  Hopefully, my lengthy track record will speak for itself (thumbsu

So let's get it underway, shall we?   :banana:

Edited by ChiSoxFan

Avengers #55 -- 1st full appearance of Ultron -- VF+ -- 8.5 -- $199 -- SOLD to habsfan1 VIA PM

Non-color breaking crease at the bottom left corner.  Solid overall presenting book.

Spoiler

IMG_20191114_0001.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20191114_0002.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold!

Daredevil #16 -- 1st John Romita Spider-Man art -- F/VF -- 7.0 -- $80 -- SOLD to SpideyFein

Tongie Farm Collection -- comes with certificate. Heavy tanning inside both covers drops it down, but that just makes it a no-brainer to pick up at this price. Classic cover by one of the greats.

Spoiler

IMG_20191114_0003.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20191114_0004.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold!

Tales of Suspense #63 -- 1st Silver-Age Origin of Captain America -- F/VF -- 7.0 -- $130 -- SOLD to Black_Adam @ 25% off

Cover faded ever so slightly.  Tanning inside of both covers.  Structually sound copy.

Spoiler

IMG_20191114_0005.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20191114_0006.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold!

Strange Tales #114 -- 1st appearance of Captain America (The Acrobat disguised as him in story) since the G.A -- early Dr. Strange appearance -- F -- 6.0 -- $125 -- SOLD to SpideyFein

Slight tanning inside both covers, small tears at both staples, but cover is still well attached.  Small tear lower right front cover (below flames training from the Torch).

Spoiler

IMG_20191114_0007.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20191114_0008.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold!

Amazing Spider-Man #64 -- VF+ -- 8.5 -- $85 -- SOLD to Black_Adam @ 25% off

Small non-color breaking crease upper back left corner, tiniest of chips off of top front cover corner, slightly worn bottom left corner.  Really sharp copy.

Spoiler

IMG_20191114_0013.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20191114_0014.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold!

Incredible Hulk #116 -- VG -- 4.0 -- $10 OR FREE to anyone claiming $150 or more of books in the thread -- Must be claimed -- CLAIMED by SpideyFein

Heavy damage/crunch top of the book

Spoiler

IMG_20191114_0018.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20191114_0019.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book claimed!

Jumbo Comics #143 -- CGC 6.0 -- OW/W pages -- $100 -- SOLD to Jaydee at 25% off

No idea how to price this one.  Only 7 copies on the census.  Last 6.0 sold for for $125 in December 2007 :whatthe:.  A 4.5 sold for $40 in January of last year.  I don't have a replacement for this one, so if it doesn't sell at this price, I'm okay with it.

Spoiler

20191114_011255.jpg

Spoiler

20191114_011334.jpg

Spoiler

20191114_011323.jpg

Spoiler

20191114_011454.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold!

Thor #158 -- Origin of Don Blake -- VF/NM -- 9.0 -- $100 00 -- SOLD via PM

Very small creasing at upper corner of front cover and over the "O" in "Thor".  Gorgeous copy otherwise. :cloud9:

Spoiler

IMG_20191114_0026.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20191114_0027.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold!