• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dark areas against cased comic
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I am a new member of CGC and have recently submitted some of my silver age comics for grading. This has ignited my interest in obtaining some of those amazing newer age graded comics. I have been buying 9.8 Graded comics, but finding defects in what I receive after paying good money. Just received two with dark patches where the cover is on contact with the case. It looks like a wet area. On the most expensive one this dark area also has rainbow interference patterns on it. I am depressed that a 9.8 looks so bad in the case. Can anyone advise me on what options I have and what is causing the visual defects. See pics attached

15737547235340.jpg.b69ad1626bb4f2375794123c0c71de9d.jpg1168321487_Darkareasundercase.jpg.5311533171141c232a07a8d10269465a.jpg

Edited by Colin Nash
Typing errors

13 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Newton Rings.

Doesn't he just :eyeroll:

Every time I'm just about to eat me dinner Newton rings. "The three laws of motion" this and the "universal gravitation" that. My God in heaven he's boring. I tell you, next time Newton rings I'm hanging up. 

3 minutes ago, Colin Nash said:

I've been Isaac'd.

Thanks, is there anything that can sort this out? The sellers ebay photos were clean and did not show this surface contact. Is it likely to have occured during shipping ?

There has been some suggestion that they can form in transit, yes. Have a butchers at this lot when you next have a spare year: