• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Fantasy #15
1 1

28 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, joeypost said:

Is that color touch along the spine or just shadowing?

That is a pro's eyesight and experience right there.

I would submit it to CCS for resto removal screening potential and say a few Hail Mary's. :) If they take it on, even if you drop to a 1.5 or a 2.0, you're still probably better off financially than a 3.5 PLOD. 

41 minutes ago, oldrover said:

That is a pro's eyesight and experience right there.

I would submit it to CCS for resto removal screening potential and say a few Hail Mary's. :) If they take it on, even if you drop to a 1.5 or a 2.0, you're still probably better off financially than a 3.5 PLOD. 

Excuse my ignorance . What does PLOD mean?

1 minute ago, migmtl76 said:

Excuse my ignorance . What does PLOD mean?

Purple Label Of Death. ;)

That said... it's really only 'death' compared to the value of a blue label in the same grade. And that's an unrealistic comparison, because it's not like you can "I Dream Of Jeannie" blink your eyes and change one to the other.

Put it this way... when did your friend buy this book? And for how much money? He's gonna do fine selling it, in all likelihood.

I bought my restored AF15 in 2002 for $2000. I sold it this year as a 6.0 PLOD for $13,000. That's a pretty darn good return. :)

6 hours ago, AJCohen said:

I would much rather sink the money into getting it back to a blue label. A couple holes are fine especially since it is along the edge. I’m super partial to blue label but to each their own and I think the cost to do the work would be significantly cheaper than a full restoration and a good shot that the book would be worth more at a lower grade blue.

Good luck!

Yes, I'm going to agree with you.

It's going to have many scrapes and holes along the spine, but it's going to probably be at least a 1.8 blue (maybe higher).  A 1.8 Blue is value wise probably worth more than a 7.0 PLOD.

The PLOD will look nice but..... it's a PLOD