• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charlotte Comic Shops?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I’m visiting Charlotte for work. Are there any shops with Gold or Silver worth visiting?

Also, is there something particularly Southern I should try for eats?

Cheers,

John

I went to Heroes Con back in June and called a few of the comic shops, but there wasn't much to be found.  I think that they keep their show stock separate from their store stock.  Maybe if you contact some of them in advance with specific books you're looking for you might have some luck, but just stopping in for a visit while you're down there won't be very fruitful, I suspect.

3 hours ago, kaculler said:

I went to Heroes Con back in June and called a few of the comic shops, but there wasn't much to be found.  I think that they keep their show stock separate from their store stock.  Maybe if you contact some of them in advance with specific books you're looking for you might have some luck, but just stopping in for a visit while you're down there won't be very fruitful, I suspect.

Is Heroes Con worth the trip?

For food, definitely give Bojangles a try. The Cajun Filet Biscuit is a staple in my diet. 

As far as shops try Heroes Arent Hard To Find. 417 Pecan Ave, Charlotte, NC 28204

Also there is Rebel Base Comics and toys. 701 S Sharon Amity Rd Suite C, Charlotte, NC 28211.

Lastly I would say Spandex City. 2914 Mt Holly-Huntersville Rd, Charlotte, NC 28214

Between those 3 you should be able to find some gems. There are more stores in the area but IMO those are the 3 to hit if you are just in town briefly. 

34 minutes ago, piper said:

Is Heroes Con worth the trip?

It was a decent enough convention and parking isn't bad, especially on Sunday when street parking is free,  It was only so-so for me, though.  I was mostly looking for 1940s-60s Harveys and Dells plus some 1960s/70s Gold Key books.  I also picked up a few 1950s/60s DC books.  Overall, I came home with around 50 comics.  Baltimore was a better show for me this year and I thought was a better show  than Heroes Con overall.  I bought around 80 comics there.  Each of these kind of pale in comparison to my typical Wizard World Chicago show where I tend to buy 200-300 comics.  Wizard World Chicago gets a bad rap at times, but it has been good for finding comics, though it has been slipping a bit the last couple of years.

My want list has been dwindling in recent years due to all of my purchases so that probably contributed to the smaller amount of books purchased at Heroes and Baltimore.  I skipped Wizard World Chicago this year for the first time in 20 years because of my visits to Heroes, Baltimore and C2E2.  C2E2 is not worth a trip if you are looking for older comics, unless maybe if you are looking for some high priced wall books.  There wasn't much of a dealer section there.

Edited by kaculler

18 hours ago, OrangeNemesis said:

ALL DAY.

My wife and I were out doing some late afternoon shopping yesterday and veered over to Fuel Pizza for a large, cheese pie then zipped over to Rebel Comics to pick up my books.  

A very productive day.