• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Collector
1 1

78 posts in this topic

I am a raw buyer primarily. I sell to support the collection because, thankfully, there are comics I (GASP) don't like. 

Slabbing intrigues me. I would like to know the grades of my books and some I would like to see encapsulated. That being said, I enjoy reading them too so its hard to make the transition into the slabbing world. 

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

This is a poll that isn't a poll and isn't even concise enough to be a poll.

Tropic Thunder?

I dont get the tropic thunder thing I saw the movie but still not getting it.. hm(shrug)

11 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

You are missing one other trait...

Hoarder:roflmao:

Ha Ha!!!  lol

I have had this discussion before, there are distinct differences between a "Collector" and a "Hoarder", I just happen to be an avid "Collector" that is "Anal" with "OCD" which is an affliction for probably about 50% of the members of this community.  :preach:

https://www.aifc.com.au/whats-the-difference-between-collecting-and-hoarding/

31 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Me too. Although I have a number of slabs bought because either they were expensive books, only liked the covers or got a good deal. I just can’t stand just turning it over and seeing only two sides. A very quick and unfillfulling experience. The pages could be blank inside for all I know. 

I like the page turning experience. Discovering things inside, smelling the vintage ink and paper and reading the stories. Anything less is just a waste of money to me...

But when buying a big key or high dollar book, I usually will only buy slabbed. Then, I crack them like a walnut!

do you have a special nutcracker for the slabs.

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

80d3d487-f2cd-44b6-a394-b401eff0bb9a_tex

:bigsmile: ahh k I get it. you should probably include that gif in your OP