• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Your Incentive Variants that are "Ghosts"/NO WHERE to be found
3 3

69 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Yea, where did you get that? I remember seeing a solicitation for it but I didn't think it was ever released.

Or is that just an original art sketch?

Lucked out on ebay...It was given away at the Marvel Unlimited panel at SDCC in 2014(rumored to only be 50 or so copies given out)

On 11/20/2019 at 4:38 AM, prt said:

Awesome ones! Going to grade the #19? I have that IVX 2, too, that was a 1:50 I think, Adams cover!

I was going to put this one, but didn't because I sold it...but here it is anyway heh

20190727_210346_resized.jpg.360932ccf89fa4b4ec5bbd88cad043d7.jpg

I really want that one, I’ll have to put out a saved search on eBay.

unfortunately, my Snake Eyes Stormshadow won’t come back a 9.8 (maybe 9.6 with a press) so I’m not planning on slabbing it currently.

And yes, the IvX 2 is an 1:50. I remember it being pretty pricey at release and then just kind of disappearing from eBay and the like. So, I was elated to find this one about a year and a half after it was released for under $10 at an out of town 2nd and Charles in their variant box behind the counter (it was priced at $15, but with the promotion at the time it ended up $7.50).

7 minutes ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

Did you post the right pic? Looks like the reg cover unless I'm missing something..

Show's what I know lol I was led to believe it was.It was hard for me to track down locally though(I paid cover price +50 cents maybe).It does look like it would be a one off,but checking I find no other.I can tell you,I was so lost trying to read it-and SO many adverts-I didn't feel even slightly inclined to get any more.Now,world war Hulk :cloud9:

Looking at ebay,seems folks try and represent it as rare lol what the hell?Is there even another cover?Folks sure like to taut the homage part!

I wear my ribbons of shame.Not a variant at all,thanks for informing me.I do love it still,more maybe,less dirty.Here's how out of touch I am-I just discovered A.H. Wonder Woman covers.Head stuck in silver and gold and just now finding out Speedball became Penance.Pretty cool character.

I have a short box of five to ten year old variants,virgin covers,sketch cover ect I inherited from Ghost Rider.I'll learn about those at least before I stick my nose in any other discussions.I wouldn't have learned if I hadn't posted though.Still a n00b,learning new stuff about new(ish) comics.Sorry for the mistake gang.

On 11/23/2019 at 3:47 AM, ZackL said:

32C66E3C-9ED2-4F5F-B401-F7CE23137DEF.jpeg

This book has been on my want list literally since 2012. First problem is been locating one. Second problem is coughing up the insane asking prices for them. I've had a saved search for the last 9 years and only seen a couple at most pop up. It's so rare GoCollect and  doesn't even acknowledge this variant. CGC lists 5 total on the census. 3 in 9.8, 1 in 9.6 and a 9.2. Rumor is 10 to 80 copies exist. I recall a 9.8 selling in 2013 for about $1000. I remember seeing it saying, no way am I paying $1000 for a modern that just came out! Meanwhile, this is the new norm. Currently, this exact copy is listed on eBay for an asking price of $30,000.