• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man #1
1 1

35 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, oldrover said:

Two color touched books in a row from your buddy. Did your friend buy these as a kid? Or did he buy them from someone else who’d done the, uh, “work”? :)

I believe in the mid 1980's. He is not the original owner. He also owns ASM 2, I can post that if you want to check :) 

30 minutes ago, joeypost said:

First interior page of the book. That's what those little dots are in the upper left corner. May go through more than one page, you need to check. 

Went through one page. Is there any chance of getting a blue label meaning can all the restoration be removed at this point? Thanks again :)

29 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

Went through one page. Is there any chance of getting a blue label meaning can all the restoration be removed at this point? Thanks again :)

All resto can be removed. It all depends how much you want to damage the book. Since it all appears to be amateur, it will have to be "dug" out of the cover and interior pages. That means the book will have spots, or even lines, where material is scraped off/through the book. Unless very minor, it is always unsightly, but can result in the Universal grade. 

1 minute ago, joeypost said:

All resto can be removed. It all depends how much you want to damage the book. Since it all appears to be amateur, it will have to be "dug" out of the cover and interior pages. That means the book will have spots, or even lines, where material is scraped off/through the book. Unless very minor, it is always unsightly, but can result in the Universal grade. 

I did not know the word unsightly hihi

Would it be worth it from a financial point of view (blue label vs purple label) ?

You probably get that question a lot.

2 hours ago, migmtl76 said:

That would be awesome if @joeypost could do that. I assume Joey is a resident expert around here :)   

he's got eagle eyes.. can see that bindery chip and CT from miles away... lol but all kidding he does have some sharp eyes from the posts hes made in the PGM section damn.. and JJJ is really good too both (worship)(worship)

3 hours ago, migmtl76 said:

I did not know the word unsightly hihi

Would it be worth it from a financial point of view (blue label vs purple label) ?

You probably get that question a lot.

A Universal Spider-Man 1 in 2.0 is worth about the same as a 3.5 restored (not slight but restored with pieces added/trimmed/etc.). 

4 hours ago, migmtl76 said:

I suggested you to leave it alone. It's better that way instead further damages if it is attempted to scrape them off on the first page. The cover too.  If I were you, there is nothing I can do about it not even the professionals can remove them.

2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

3.0(C-1)

Thanks for your input. I am a newbie at this. So the amateur pen/marker in price area restoration at the top left merits a purple label C-1?

Darn such a little thing will for sure lower the value by alot I think).