• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this art or a print?

8 posts in this topic

This is not my piece, but I was watching it on eBay. The seller did have genuine comic art in the comic art section that sold a few days back, but this piece was in the art section as an auction at the same time, but not labeled as print or or original. It sold for 500 and then was recently relisted as a buy it now by the same seller, so maybe it didn't really sell or it is just a print. What is it? Art or print or hybrid of both? It has a date stamp on the back. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254421267016?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

10 minutes ago, Drewsky said:

This is not my piece, but I was watching it on eBay. The seller did have genuine comic art in the comic art section that sold a few days back, but this piece was in the art section as an auction at the same time, but not labeled as print or or original. It sold for 500 and then was recently relisted as a buy it now by the same seller, so maybe it didn't really sell or it is just a print. What is it? Art or print or hybrid of both? It has a date stamp on the back. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254421267016?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

Am I wrong, or was this a story that was only done as pencils? I know there was one like that. This could be the stat shot from that that they used to print from. It's either a bad scan or the blacks are too solid to be an inked piece, but I would not dispute that it was the final production piece.

3 hours ago, AndyFish said:

Looks all stats to me.

I asked the seller and he could only say he found it in a storage locker with a comic collection and other items. Maybe it hung in a comic shop at one time?

“Selling shown as is”

meh

17 hours ago, malvin said:

if you look in his sold items, it also previously sold for $511

Either the buyer backed out, or got it and realized it wasn't OA and returned it.

I'm going with the second-- if you were looking at the auction on your phone and there was two minutes left you might think this is the real deal and you jump on it for $500-- but those are stats and the seller (I believe) knows it which is why it's an as is offering.