• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Vancouver February 15-17, 2020 Todd McFarlane
1 1

64 posts in this topic

Add 32% exchange rate to Harley's prices. 80% of Harley's comics still stuck on CP Rail train in Vancouver not able to unload until Sunday 4 p.m. due to Native Indian pipeline protest this weekend.

2ivOGOV.jpg

Mike Grell arrived a bit late Sat. Charging $10 US ($13 Cdn) for each signature.

Ran around and bought some OA panel pages I could afford: X-men from X-tinction Agenda nicely inked.

vnQb0jC.jpg

Got my early Y: the Last Man comics signed by artist Pia Guerra. Stv Sadowski was there with a new assortment of OA pages and some splashes too at reasonable prices.

TMNT in Kid's Play area compliments of Stanley Park Aquarium:

fkuDxCI.jpg

greggy did not spend all his loot $$ on comics so was generous enough to pay for my lunch. Thanks greggy!

Think Todd McFarlane was signing 1st 2 comics for free. Seemed to have a steady 2-3 hr line up. Some collector-fans must have driven up from Seattle area, as there 2c were US $ greenbacks passed around.

Mike Golden could initial your MIcronauts or Avengers comics for $10 loonies. Family Day Mon. tix reduced to $35. Parking about $30 downtown which is 1/2 price compared to Seattle's ECCC where comicon hotel parking averages $50 US/day.

Got request that I take some photos of comic book booths. I went today all day with my friends around. One friend from the U.S. had brought a GA low grade comic book with Canadian coloured bills. With my consent, he took the book for a good deal. ❤️  Then I ended up did the same thing on a GA book from the same vendor.

and I leave you with farewell from the loverly princesses. Tomorrow I will take few more photos.

F9187B38-F259-48FE-9B11-B4DB4FFA0129.jpeg

59317320-F2FF-44B2-90F0-239E6FE637AA.jpeg

478637F6-CE79-4CE3-862B-9691333435A3.jpeg

C4002F76-22FC-4EBC-AB83-87A8566F661F.jpeg

On 2/15/2020 at 5:17 PM, aardvark88 said:

Ran around and bought some OA panel pages I could afford: X-men from X-tinction Agenda nicely inked.

vnQb0jC.jpg

Got my early Y: the Last Man comics signed by artist Pia Guerra. Stv Sadowski was there with a new assortment of OA pages and some splashes too at reasonable prices.

Nice, I didn't see these there, who was selling them?

9 hours ago, malvin said:

I didn't see these there, who was selling them?

Think you were too busy lining up for Todd McFarlane. Just blueline art pro inked by a vendor who skipped last year but was at FEV Nov, 2018. Deodato blueline from ASM; Adam Hughes blueline from perhaps Classic X-men (not sure).

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

Think you were too busy lining up for Todd McFarlane. Just blueline art pro inked by a vendor who skipped last year but was at FEV Nov, 2018. Deodato blueline from ASM; Adam Hughes blueline from perhaps Classic X-men (not sure).

Thanks for the info!

Heh, I was #1 in line, which was pretty good considering I only had a premium badge.

Malvin

On 2/15/2020 at 5:14 PM, aardvark88 said:

Add 32% exchange rate to Harley's prices. 80% of Harley's comics still stuck on CP Rail train in Vancouver not able to unload until Sunday 4 p.m. due to Native Indian pipeline protest this weekend.

2ivOGOV.jpg

Mike Grell arrived a bit late Sat. Charging $10 US ($13 Cdn) for each signature.

Saw that on Harley Yee’s wall ... yes 32% exchange for these book on the wall rack only and in most of short boxes with higher pricey books. All in U.S. funds. However, in other boxes - the long boxes- are at 25% off Canadian prices. I had that confirmation with one of Harley’s minions. Brought few books out of the long boxes and one Archie book I think I can improve for better grade. It has nice white pages inside with little damage on covers for a 60 years old.

Sorry no photos as I was in the show for short time as I went with friends to see a movie Sonic this afternoon. 

1 hour ago, Kevin Boyd said:

They say the numbers are way up over 2019 so thank you Vancouver for a fun weekend! We’ll see you on February 13-15, 2021.

Thanks for organizing the show Kevin. It definitely looked busier. 

Family zone was a great idea too, after I was done my stuff in the first day, I just brought my son back to have him enjoy family zone the other 2 days. 

Malvin 

On 2/15/2020 at 5:14 PM, aardvark88 said:

80% of Harley's comics still stuck on CP Rail train in Vancouver not able to unload until Sunday 4 p.m. due to Native Indian pipeline protest this weekend.

Any idea if poor Harley was ever able to get his books offloaded and into the convention site or are they still part of the National News stuck on one of the train cars somewhere in the boondocks of Canada?  :mad:  :censored:

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Any idea if poor Harley was ever able to get his books offloaded and into the convention site or are they still part of the National News stuck on one of the train cars somewhere in the boondocks of Canada?  :mad:  :censored:

Good question with that situation. I had no way of knowing whatever if Harley did get them or not? On the first day, I saw his booth had only few boxes with the wall books and higher ends. No long boxes. On the second day, I noticed they got the long boxes up on tables. Again. I really don’t know.

Anyway, the show wasn’t that bad. I had a good chat with Todd and Arthur at their booths. Next year FEV will have their dates with Family Day and Valentines Day built in together. Still wouldn’t buy a ticket until they announce the guest list first.

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Harley was ever able to get his books offloaded and into the convention site or are they still part of the National News stuck on one of the train cars somewhere in the boondocks of Canada?  :mad:  :censored:

Harley's long boxes made it into Vancouver rail yard by Friday but it seems the rail staff were not allowed to unload them due to native Indian pipeline protest until Sat. afternoon of the Expo.

Heard 1 male cosplaying as a big USA talk show host 'the Butt-man' was tossed out due his his revealing costume not suitable for Family Day. See you all at Van Comic Show on Sunday March 1, 2020 PNE.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:10 PM, aardvark88 said:

Great Expo. Aisles were crowded. Seems like attendance may be x 2 last year's.

On 2/17/2020 at 10:09 PM, malvin said:

It definitely looked busier. 

Certainly glad to hear that the show went well and much better than last year from a pure attendance point of view.  :applause:

Especially when I saw the late night news clip they had on it and the aisles looked far from crowded and rather similar to the photos posted here:

F9187B38-F259-48FE-9B11-B4DB4FFA0129.jpeg

478637F6-CE79-4CE3-862B-9691333435A3.jpeg

From the news clip which they had on the late night news, it appears that the aisles for the local Vancouver Comic Show at the PNE are a lot more crowded.  Then again, that is probably due to the fact that their aisle ways are probably also a lot more narrow.  (shrug)

1 hour ago, Fan Boy said:

Still wouldn’t buy a ticket until they announce the guest list first.

Well, you are in luck then because their main focus seems to be on their guest lists as you can see from the previous pages in this thread.  :gossip:

To each their own, as I probably wouldn't buy a ticket until they announce their comic book vendor list first.  Strangely enough, for a comic book convention, there never seems to be any mention at all on the comic book vendors themselves, especially for the out of province ones who generally don't show up at the local cons.  ???   doh!

5 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I probably wouldn't buy a ticket until they announce their comic book vendor list first.  Strangely enough, for a comic book convention, there never seems to be any mention at all on the comic book vendors themselves, especially for the out of province ones who generally don't show up at the local cons.  ???   doh!

Realistically, I don't expect the Calgary comic vendor to make the long and $$ journey back to FEV. Harley will return to FEV in Feb, 2021, as long as he is not relaxing at HNL, Hawaii con that same weekend which was the conflict he had re: FEV in Feb, 2019.

9 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, you are in luck then because their main focus seems to be on their guest lists as you can see from the previous pages in this thread.  :gossip:

To each their own, as I probably wouldn't buy a ticket until they announce their comic book vendor list first.  Strangely enough, for a comic book convention, there never seems to be any mention at all on the comic book vendors themselves, especially for the out of province ones who generally don't show up at the local cons.  ???   doh!

Didn’t know what give you the idea that I brought the ticket for the reason of guest list from the previous pages here? I didn’t buy until about two weeks before FEV opens. I was holding back until I see the full list. So, I will do the same thing for next year... unlike with the other better comic cons. I brought ticket for Calgary Comic Expo 3 months ago.

Harley's long boxes made it into Vancouver rail yard by Friday but it seems the rail staff were not allowed to unload them due to native Indian pipeline protest until Sat. afternoon of the Expo.

Heard 1 male cosplaying as a big USA talk show host 'the Butt-man' was tossed out due his his revealing costume not suitable for Family Day. See you all at Van Comic Show on Sunday March 1, 2020 PNE.

The Butt-man was close walking by me while I was chatting with my friends. Saw that guy in his yellow uniform with his buns shining glowing in the flesh. I thought WTF? On Family Day really? I remarked to my friend that I was surprised the security didn’t stop him at the gates but allowed him into the show!? :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

The Butt-man was close walking by me while I was chatting with my friends. Saw that guy in his yellow uniform with his buns shining glowing in the flesh. I thought WTF? On Family Day really? I remarked to my friend that I was surprised the security didn’t stop him at the gates but allowed him into the show!? :facepalm:

Well, if he had the revealing hole in the front :p instead of in the back and tried to call himself something else, I am 100% sure he would have been stopped by Security then.  lol

In the interest of gender equality, would the attendees have been as offended if it had been a beautiful young woman wearing a Butt-woman costume?  hm