• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas 2020 - Cancelled
1 1

153 posts in this topic

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Are they same state, Texas? 

No, Heroes is east coast, which may make a difference here. I'm betting Texas will be on or near the leading edge of reopening. We'll have to see what happens in the next month. I just thought it was relevant news to those of us interested in FE Dallas.

7 minutes ago, mysterio said:

No, Heroes is east coast, which may make a difference here. I'm betting Texas will be on or near the leading edge of reopening. We'll have to see what happens in the next month. I just thought it was relevant news to those of us interested in FE Dallas.

Oh sure no worries 

I've been saying it may be too soon to reopen everything etc.

But since Texas does seem confident..... is it early enough that it's just under 2 months until the con that it seems the con is still possible? Lol

It's got the best chance, but we'll see how it goes...

I might not show up unless cgc shows up, but looks like they were originally scheduled for onsite grading at heroes......

It's all idk lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Every time a post is made in here, I always think that it is going to be a cancellation notice of Fan Expo lol

As much as I would love to attend this show, I feel like mid-June is too early to start having large crowds of people gathering in one place.  Fingers crossed that I'm wrong and everything will be fine! :wishluck:

The governor is on explain how they're opening texas

There is a manual available online with how to open and instructions for those who can open

All sole proprietors can open, and restaurants and movie theaters at 25% capacity

@Kevin Boyd

What was the purpose of the "survey" for the con that we all got?

Does it help the con still happen?

:wishluck: with Texas seemingly having no problems reopening so far, is this a good sign? 

Or just any word? that you're able?

I have heard that we'll know within the next two weeks if the show isn't happening, as that's the deadline for local authorities and the facility to make the call on whether or not it can be held safely. The call on MegaCon Orlando came in just within the last 24 hours.

I found out about the survey from local collector friends who received it, I think it was to see if the public felt about it should the authorities say it can be held, with Texas reopening much of it's activities we needed to get a sense from the community directly about their interest in attending should it move forward. 

Edited by Kevin Boyd

35 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

I have heard that we'll know within the next two weeks if the show isn't happening, as that's the deadline for local authorities and the facility to make the call on whether or not it can be held safely. The call on MegaCon Orlando came in just within the last 24 hours.

I found out about the survey from local collector friends who received it, I think it was to see if the public felt about it should the authorities say it can be held, with Texas reopening much of it's activities we needed to get a sense from the community directly about their interest in attending should it move forward. 

Sounds good was double checking, but was pretty sure that was it :) 

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

I'm beginning to look like Jerry Garcia now. I don't care but my wife is about to cut my hair while I sleep...:roflmao:

Lol ya I hear you

I had long hair as a teenager, but man would love a haircut

Texas is reopening salons and barbers tomorrow, but I won't be first through the door Haha

I'm waiting it out to see if the comic con is on schedule, but limiting exposure everywhere I can (thumbsu

What will be a real tell for me is if cgc attends anything this year, but that even seems far fetched

On 5/7/2020 at 11:51 AM, Kevin Boyd said:

@Kevin Boyd will it depend on the governor's announcement today? or would we know by end of day about whether the con happens? Or would it take a couple of days?

I'm sure we'll know as soon as you do lol I'm just trying to curb my enthusiasm hahaha

On 5/7/2020 at 6:34 PM, Robot Man said:
On 4/27/2020 at 3:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

He said we may have to wait until mid may for

Haircut places lol

20200427_150113.jpg

I'm beginning to look like Jerry Garcia now. I don't care but my wife is about to cut my hair while I sleep...:roflmao:

Success!!!! ^^

20200518_125326.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, Comics4All said:

pretty sure all the cons for the summer are cancelled :(

Well it hasn't yet... :makepoint:

Is why I have to ask, so I don't make plans also so I can spend money and not save....

I appreciate the vote of confidence :roflmao: but "pretty sure" doesn't tell me if my refund is coming and what money I have :shy: js

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

21 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Success!!!! ^^

20200518_125326.jpg

That's nothing I think you look pretty good. I haven't cut my hair in probably 6 months and haven't shaved since lock down. Frankly, I don't care at all but my wife is ready to get out the "bowl"...:roflmao:

23 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well it hasn't yet... :makepoint:

Is why I have to ask, so I don't make plans also so I can spend money and not save....

I appreciate the vote of confidence :roflmao: but "pretty sure" doesn't tell me if my refund is coming and what money I have :shy: js

Sadly, we do not know for sure. If I were a betting man, I'd write them off this year. This is one of the hardest parts of these times for me. I'm one of those people who set dates and make plans. I am at the point where I just can't do it and it is frustrating.

I had a bucket list trip booked to Egypt for April. Have always wanted to go there. Luckily, my wife talked me into travel insurance and we got our money back. I still plan to go but can no way make any plans right now...

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Sadly, we do not know for sure. If I were a betting man, I'd write them off this year. This is one of the hardest parts of these times for me. I'm one of those people who set dates and make plans. I am at the point where I just can't do it and it is frustrating.

I had a bucket list trip booked to Egypt for April. Have always wanted to go there. Luckily, my wife talked me into travel insurance and we got our money back. I still plan to go but can no way make any plans right now...

Oh I agree! I'll be happy either way lol

Just waiting for the decision form on high :shy: @Comics4All