• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas 2020 - Cancelled
1 1

153 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

Did you use the flowbee to cut your hair?!

2000 posts!

No i used great clips.... our haircut places are open in Texas ....

Also professional sports like football basketball baseball and golf are allowed to return may 31st...

That's why I didn't understand your commemt... our con has the best chance of still happening...

Not saying to will or won't should or shouldn't 

But it does have a chance... @Comics4All

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

23 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

No i used great clips.... our haircut places are open in Texas ....

Also professional sports like football basketball baseball and golf are allowed to return may 31st...

That's why I didn't understand your commemt... our con has the best chance of still happening...

Not saying to will or won't should or shouldn't 

But it does have a chance... @Comics4All

@ADAMANTIUM if would be great if Pro sports come back as well as everything else.

I think if SDCC cancelled , I don't see the smaller ones in other states other ones still holding theirs, but I hope you are right! 

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Kevin Boyd will it depend on the governor's announcement today? or would we know by end of day about whether the con happens? Or would it take a couple of days?

I'm sure we'll know as soon as you do lol I'm just trying to curb my enthusiasm hahaha

I am also still waiting for word from management on this. I heard something about an announcement that was supposed to be coming from the governor on Friday, guess it was pushed to today.

Edited by Kevin Boyd

17 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

I am also still waiting for word from management on this. I heard something about an announcement that was supposed to be coming from the governor on Friday, guess it was pushed to today.

Ya he came on today, not sure when he will again though, he came on 3 weeks ago with "phase 1 of reopening and today was "phase 2"

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya he came on today, not sure when he will again though, he came on 3 weeks ago with "phase 1 of reopening and today was "phase 2"

I personally may not be able to go if this moves forward with attendance caps and social distancing, they are talking about keeping the US-Canada border closed for non-essential workers until June 21. We all should know pretty soon as we have to let people decide. 

5 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

I personally may not be able to go if this moves forward with attendance caps and social distancing, they are talking about keeping the US-Canada border closed for non-essential workers until June 21. We all should know pretty soon as we have to let people decide. 

My twin sis and I have a table at next month's Fan Expo Dallas (Now I'm wishing I'd transferred my table booth fees to next years con in May 2021) because I found out a few weeks ago about the Governor's Executive Order GA-20 which says

"Every person who enters Texas as the final destination through an airport, from a point of origin or point of last departure in the following — the states of California, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Washington, as well as the cities of Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit or Miami — shall be subject to mandatory self-quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into Texas..."

So far there is no expiration date for this order and my twin sister and I will be flying in from Atlanta. I've spoken to someone at the Texas Dept. of Public Safety and was told we would be have to self-quarantine for 14 days unless the Governor removes Atlanta from this list before the weekend of the convention or if we were deemed "essential workers". ???

Since California & New York are on this list that would definitely effect those celebrities and comic book professionals who would be arriving into Dallas as well. I wasn't sure if you'd heard anything about this but I thought I'd share it just in case. All the info about traveling into Texas from those states and cities listed above can be found at https://www.dps.texas.gov/COVIDtravel/

Yay! 

An official answer and it'll be automatically transferred :banana:

I accidentally deleted the email to transfer last time and it took 2 months to get it worked out @Robot Man

Thanks for baring with me @Comics4All now I have some extra money I can spend that I saved for the con ^^

16 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yay! 

An official answer and it'll be automatically transferred :banana:

I accidentally deleted the email to transfer last time and it took 2 months to get it worked out @Robot Man

Thanks for baring with me @Comics4All now I have some extra money I can spend that I saved for the con ^^

@ADAMANTIUM way to try to find a bright side to this mess! 

buy something good online with the $ you saved! 

I am missing conventions along with everyone else but we gotta stay safe & fight this thing as much as possible!