• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas 2020 - Cancelled
1 1

153 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

And he’s back!

For how long? I hope the show happens, for everyone’s sake, but the more the hysteria grows the more difficult it’s going to be for show promoters to resist postponing or canceling. 

Just now, mysterio said:

For how long? I hope the show happens, for everyone’s sake, but the more the hysteria grows the more difficult it’s going to be for show promoters to resist postponing or canceling. 

Well I hope it happens.  I been looking forward to this show since last year.  If they postpone no telling if Cleese will still attend who I really wanna meet!

Just now, Crops068 said:

Well I hope it happens.  I been looking forward to this show since last year.  If they postpone no telling if Cleese will still attend who I really wanna meet!

With the precautions regarding the elderly that are in place we will see. :wishluck:

23 minutes ago, mysterio said:

With the precautions regarding the elderly that are in place we will see. :wishluck:

We'll someone rejoining, and rejoining with no fear has to count for something....and he's no spring chicken himself, I mean right?

28 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Someone on Facebook tagged FED demanding they cancel and refund, fed's response was it's still going to take place....:wishluck:

The Houston rodeo just canceled, and I know that my university is contemplating going online only after spring break. Other universities have already made this move. Earlier today Ace Northeast postponed. 

Edited by mysterio

1 minute ago, mysterio said:

The Houston rodeo just canceled, and I know that my university is contemplating going online only after spring break. Other universities have already made this move. Earlier today Ace Northeast postponed. 

There were more cases there, but anyway here's hoping :)

plus FED said the health people said the risk Is still "low" at this point in Dallas and they've done measures..

There were 6 cases in Dallas county, 1st a family of 3

3 In fort worth

0 in Denton 

So reportedly 6 cases, most of which, were elderly or 50+ years of age...

No deaths reported to my knowledge.

I'm sure turnout will be low for Fed, but I think it'll still happen 

They did cancel the st Patrick's day parade in Dallas....for next Tuesday 

Edit that they said, do what local health said, local health wid cancel and so did the center for health, conversed with the speaker office, so Dallas cancelled the parade...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

There were more cases there, but anyway here's hoping :)

plus FED said the health people said the risk Is still "low" at this point in Dallas and they've done measures..

Bro, just do your self and all of us a favor and just stay home. It will probably get canceled but if not, how bad do you need comic books? 

Man, I know it suks. I have already made the sad decision to pass on WonderCon Easter weekend. Weather it is canceled or not. (And I strongly suspect it will). Less people in a confined space the better. Once I made the decision, I am OK without it. 

Looking forward to LA Torpedo con in July. Not as far away as it seems. 

There are the big auctions, eBay and buying right here from your fellow board members.

They just canceled March Madness and the NBA season today! I suspect opening day baseball will probably follow suit. 

Be smart and safe!

2 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Unless they cancel it, I am going.  
I am not 80yrs old. 

Let’s not forget that those who are younger and get the infection but happen to not exhibit symptoms, will still be spreading it to other people.  
No disrespect intended.  :foryou:

Just saying that we should all keep informed.