• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Record for Marvel Comics 1
4 4

175 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

True dat...

But if both books were sitting on the newsstand at the same day and I only had 10 cents in my pocket, my Mercury dime would go to Cap1. That being said, Marvel 1 is the Timely that eventually launch the Marvel universe. 

Although Action 1 launched superheroes, it isn’t even close to launching DC. 

Did I hear Mercury :whistle:

mercury1.jpg

Kirby confirms Mercury.jpg

On 11/24/2019 at 1:49 PM, lou_fine said:

You never know what might have happened if it wasn't flagged here on the boards as a previously lower graded copy, which I am sure Heritage should have known about right from the start.  (shrug)

At least, we didn't get a long extended video from them claiming it to be another one of these "cedar chest" finds that had been locked away for decades, and of course filtering out key details of the book at the same time.  Or did some bad boardies cut them off at the pass before they got a chance to release this promo video.  lol  :devil:

Who knows? A few boardies here may indeed have performed a valuable public service.

:wink:

48 minutes ago, Hepcat said:
On 11/24/2019 at 10:49 AM, lou_fine said:

You never know what might have happened if it wasn't flagged here on the boards as a previously lower graded copy, which I am sure Heritage should have known about right from the start.  (shrug)

At least, we didn't get a long extended video from them claiming it to be another one of these "cedar chest" finds that had been locked away for decades, and of course filtering out key details of the book at the same time.  Or did some bad boardies cut them off at the pass before they got a chance to release this promo video.  lol  :devil:

Who knows? A few boardies here may indeed have performed a valuable public service.

:wink:

Somehow, I strongly doubt that the 2 power players in this whole collectibles field of ours, namely Ivy and Halperin, would tend to agree with your rather negative market deflating point of view here.  (tsk)  lol

Edited by lou_fine

57 minutes ago, Primetime said:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FPreviewCode%3D2020aug%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dmarvel%2Bcomics%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1421224&id=1421224&itemType=0

This 6.0 Sold for $280,500 tonight. Stronger than the 6.0 Twilight copy that sold for $215k in 2017. Although, based on the scans, the Twilight appears to have better eye appeal. 

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/744183?tzf=1

could be old label grade bump expectation ?

also the book once belonged to a has been 'actor', soooo awesome :p

Edited by Gotham Kid

12 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

More so old label and Marvel 1 is getting just due respect. I don’t value it any higher with it being owned by Cage but I know some people get giggly over that :x

15 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
16 hours ago, Primetime said:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FPreviewCode%3D2020aug%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dmarvel%2Bcomics%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1421224&id=1421224&itemType=0

This 6.0 Sold for $280,500 tonight. Stronger than the 6.0 Twilight copy that sold for $215k in 2017. Although, based on the scans, the Twilight appears to have better eye appeal. 

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/744183?tzf=1

Or it could be due to the fact that it's now been 3 years since the CC auction and the comic book market has gone up by a noted amount in that time frame, depending upon the particular book you are talking about.  hm   (thumbsu