• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] FS: A mix -- Spidey, Wolverine, v2, v3, Batman, New Mutants, Old Mutants, Punisher, V, etc.

34 posts in this topic

OK, so there is no title that I'm aware of called Old Mutants. Anyway, I got one sale in the bag today, so let's try to keep it rolling.  Necessities first:

Payment:  In addition to PayPal, I will also accept check/money order/Zelle (which I was just introduced to today!), though the book will be held until clearance.  Payment due within 10 business days, none of these are priced high enough to consider time payments.    

CGC Shipping (domestic): USPS insured priority.  Shipping cost is included in the book's price. 

Raw Shipping (domestic): USPS First class shipping is included in the price.  For a single book, upgrade to priority flat rate for $4 extra.  Decrease that by a $1 for each additional book purchased, and if you hit 5 total, automatic upgrade to priority flat rate at no additional charge.

International Shipping on anything - please inquire first.

Returns:  No returns on CGC graded books unless I make an error in the listing or fail to disclose a problem.  If by chance the USPS goes above and beyond to defeat my packaging and the slab is damaged in transit, prior to doing ANYTHING ELSE, save all the packing material and contact me.  USPS regulations have been beefed up to require the packing material being available for inspection (pictures suffice based on experience) in order to file a proper insurance claim.  

Raws:  Returns on raws will be accepted if requested within 7 business days if we have a substantial disagreement on grade/condition, or again if I made a listing error or failed to disclose a flaw.  Standard eBay excuses not accepted - my cat arranged this sale, my 9 year old bought this without my permission, my car had a heart attack, my grandmother needs new brakes, etc.

On the HoS?  Don't bother.  Probation list?  Message me first and we'll talk about your situation, but don't be overly optimistic.

Can provide board references if needed (no name dropping here), and nearing 1700 positive eBay feedback as well -- https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=792mn

First :takeit:wins outright, offers by PM always welcome.  Buy multiple books to potentially set yourself up for a better deal :gossip:

I'll probably be adding throughout the week since the Bears are going to lose in 30 minutes, so I'll take care of what I can before then.  Thanks for looking!

Edited by mattn792

Let's switch gears to, not the Old, but the NEW Mutants.  #87, first print to be exact.  A beautiful SS 9.8 signed by Rob Liefeld.  First appearance of Cable.

I couldn't find any recent SS 9.8 sales, but blue labels are consistently in the $350-$450 range.  Let's split the difference and call this one -- $400 --

A bargain when you think about it since Liefeld is charging about $400 per signature these days...

SOLD BY PM to @aeluna

Spoiler

87 front.JPG

Spoiler

87 rear.JPG

Edited by mattn792

From Marvel to DC we go!  Batman 497 -- Batman Needs a Chiropractor -- is up next.  Blue label 9.8, white pages.  Always a popular one as this is the issue where Bane breaks Batman's back, later reenacted in the Dark Knight Rises.

Right around $50 shipped seems to be the sweet spot on eBay lately, so let's call it -- $45 -- 

SOLD BY PM to @aeluna

Spoiler

497 front.JPG

Spoiler

497 rear.JPG

Edited by mattn792

Speaking of Bane...let's continue with Vengeance of Bane #1.  The THIRD print. In SS 9.6, having been signed by writer Chuck Dixon on 5/26/2018.

I can't find any recent sales of graded 3rd prints, blue or otherwise, so let's call it -- $75 -- and go from there. 

Front.JPG

Rear.JPG

Edited by mattn792
Added back cover photo

12 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Let's switch gears to, not the Old, but the NEW Mutants.  #87, first print to be exact.  A beautiful SS 9.8 signed by Rob Liefeld.  First appearance of Cable.

I couldn't find any recent SS 9.8 sales, but blue labels are consistently in the $350-$450 range.  Let's split the difference and call this one -- $400 --

A bargain when you think about it since Liefeld is charging about $400 per signature these days...

87 front.JPG

87 rear.JPG

:takeit:

12 hours ago, mattn792 said:

From Marvel to DC we go!  Batman 497 -- Batman Needs a Chiropractor -- is up next.  Blue label 9.8, white pages.  Always a popular one as this is the issue where Bane breaks Batman's back, later reenacted in the Dark Knight Rises.

Right around $50 shipped seems to be the sweet spot on eBay lately, so let's call it -- $45 -- 

497 front.JPG

497 rear.JPG

:takeit:

Let's kick off today, and celebrate another bumbling Bears defeat, by switching gears to a few raw runs.  First up -- Wolverine 101 - 112.  These are readers, so I'm not offering individual grades, but you can safely assume that:
- There's no 9.8s hiding in here
- They're all complete with no major flaws. 

This, and all other raw lots ship in priority flat rate envelopes (filled with as much padding material and sturdy cardboard as will fit along with the books).

-- $20 --

IMG_1797.JPG

V for Vendetta 6.  Signed by David Lloyd.  Based on my submission track record, this was probably bound to be an SS 9.6, but...tape pull :frown:.  You can see where up between the logo and Lloyd's signature.  Suffice to say this guy never made it to grading.

-$6-

6 front.jpg

6 rear.jpg