• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New pics of Steve Ditko
2 2

22 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

Nieces and nephews.  The nephew to the very right on the group pic posted these.

I know he was a highly principled man, yet I can't help feeling that he could have provided for his extended family instead of other people gaining on his talent. Thank you for posting Ben.(thumbsu  

Just curious if anyone knows how Ditko was able to support himself later in life? Much was made of the Kirby's family and moving forward the debate about work for hire/creator rights but not much is mentioned about Ditko. He still maintained his studio and lived in Manhattan which couldn't have been cheap especially for someone who hadn't had anything published since the 90's 

2 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Note these are the only acceptable Ditk pics on this board people. 

the young woman 2nd from far right in the above photo works with my wife. I see her often enough and she often speaks of what a wonderful uncle SD was and has numerous photos she'd like to share so I'll give her your info so you can say yah or nay if they can appear on this board. Apparently near SD's death SD mailed a bunch of OA to his brother (don't know what it the OA was)  but she often asks me "what to we do with it?" I honestly tell her I have no idea as I'm not educated about such valuable things, usually telling her about Heritage and what not, but again, I can steer her towards you since you seem to have gone ahead and made yourself the final arbiter of what appears on this board with regards to SD.  

Edited by NoMan

18 minutes ago, grebal said:

I think it was a joke on the expression "dick pics."  Silly.

Oh, and is the niece hot?  I mean, did she send you any pictures?  No, I mean, pictures of sturdy Steve?

The niece is very attractive actually. DId she send me pictures of her? No, I've seen her in person. Has she shown me pictures of steve? Yes she has. She always speaks well of him and said he was a fun-as-all-get out Uncle. The wife's has been asking niece about the OA and I tell her wish she would not, but my wife is incessant at trying to get a piece "at fair market value" and niece seems to not mind at all and says, "Let me see what I can turn up."

I'm here for the ride....

21 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

Released by his family, so I feel okay posting.  Have these been posted already?  Am I late to the party?

Anyway, so much for the "reclusive curmudgeon" myth:
1533534731_NewPicture.jpg.117bd37256dc4eb19dc8fdc5456cf04f.jpg

ditko99.jpg.12806bc3c09ac1aa0adb81bf3c4239a4.jpg

You happen to know when these were taken? Top looks like a 70's polaroid

11 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Cool! Thanks for posting. I think the lower one may have been in the recent Ditko issue of Alter Ego. Lot's of good stuff in there.

Was this the latest Alter Ego issue? The tribute to Stan Lee?  I’m going to have to pick a copy up. 

14 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Cool! Thanks for posting. I think the lower one may have been in the recent Ditko issue of Alter Ego. Lot's of good stuff in there.

How was the Alter Ego feature? My LCS was unable to source me a copy.

Oh, it took me a full 28 hours to get the d-picks Joke. Thought it was a Ditko typo. 

apologies to whoever I jumped on. Just don’t usually ponder d-pic jokes. Pretty good tho. Hats off to poster. 

Edited by NoMan

1 hour ago, Dave2739 said:
9 hours ago, piper said:

How was the Alter Ego feature? My LCS was unable to source me a copy.

Your LCS needs internet access, it seems.

Link below:
https://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=98_55&products_id=1425

It's an excellent issue, chock full of information and interesting stories. It makes a great companion to Blake Bell''s Ditko biography. Someone started a thread about it weeks ago in CG but it didn't get any traction.

And not to lay into Dave, but here's a link to the correct issue. It's sold out.

https://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=98_55&products_id=1424&zenid=308ada0c3671ad9aeca996e574231d37

Edited by Dick Pontoon

12 hours ago, Amazing Spidey said:

Was this the latest Alter Ego issue? The tribute to Stan Lee?  I’m going to have to pick a copy up. 

Nope, it was the September issue. Sold out, but digital version available, link in my previous post.