• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paypal dispute, any boardie advice would be appreciated.
1 1

89 posts in this topic

I received a dispute from paypal today from a buyer on ebay that bought a cgc graded book from me back on June 13th. This was what he wrote:

Date reported

November 17, 2019

Buyer notes

After receiving this comic I have determined this is not a 9.8 grade comic. This was misrepresented. I will need to return this for a full refund. Thank you.

This is the book he won on ebay auction: 

cp50.jpg

Edited by zeezee

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

Maybe the latest way to do movie speculation is to buy a book and retain ownership through the peak months, weeks, days...brag and show it off to your face and insta-friends...and then return it by abusing paypal's windows.  

:whatthe:

I think he has seen the value of the book drop 50% via GPA  and doesn't want to take the loss.

This exact thing happened to me a few months back. The only difference was he reported it the day the book was received.  The buyer received the CGC graded 9.8 book and said "he felt like it didn't quite look like a 9.8"! no joke! I fought with him back and forth and eventually said let's leave it up to Paypal. 24 hours later, Paypal ruled in his favor. Sadly, sellers have very little chance or any type of recourse with eBay or Paypal from my experiences. Just my 2 cents. Good luck! 

30 minutes ago, zeezee said:

I think he has seen the value of the book drop 50% via GPA  and doesn't want to take the loss.

This is exactly the issue at hand.  Too many insufficiently_thoughtful_persons are buying overpriced, over-hyped junk books and some are starting to try to use this angle as a way out.

Fight it ... he'll lose.

32 minutes ago, zeezee said:

He never stated that the book is damaged. He just disagrees with CGC on the grade of 9.8

You sold a CGC 9.8 book. It's a CGC 9.8 book. 

if he doesnt think its a CGC 9.8 book why does it say CGC 9.8 on it? 

You didnt say it was a NM/M book, you said it was a CGC 9.8 which means CGC graded it 9.8, which it is... 

35 minutes ago, zeezee said:

I sent him a message through ebay asking what is the problem with the book and why five months after you received it, no response so far. The ironic aside to this is, he also is currently selling CGC graded books on ebay.

this sounds fishy you might want to out his ebay user id: I would fight this 5 months to start a return.. and say its not a 9.8 CGC that's BS. 

I would fight it on principal. Call eBay.. 

The moment we click on agree when we sign up for PayPal or ebay, we are at their mercy. The only way these companies change their policies is when there is public outcry led by politicians or if there is a competitor that offers a better deal to the customer/ consumer. For example for the past 10 years grubhub has been gouging the food industry between 20-30% on their delivery sales. But to due recent competition from uber eats and other companies, along with scrutiny from politicians for unsavory practices they have cut their commissions in half.

That is what's needed here as well, a strong competitor to PayPal.