• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paypal dispute, any boardie advice would be appreciated.
1 1

89 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, zeezee said:

I sent him a message through ebay asking what is the problem with the book and why five months after you received it, no response so far. The ironic aside to this is, he also is currently selling CGC graded books on ebay.

It would be shame if someone bought all his CGC books, then opened a case on each one claiming the books didn't match the grades. 

1 hour ago, Krismusic said:

this sounds fishy you might want to out his ebay user id: I would fight this 5 months to start a return.. and say its not a 9.8 CGC that's BS. 

I would fight it on principal. Call eBay.. 

He did the claim through PayPal,  I believe ebay is not involved with this now

1 hour ago, jbpez said:

My buyer was from Los Angles/Sherman oaks area of CA. maybe it is the same guy? 

He is NY 

Edited by zeezee

7 minutes ago, rjpb said:

It would be shame if someone bought all his CGC books, then opened a case on each one claiming the books didn't match the grades. 

Fight fire with fire! Me likey!! :devil:

Edited by jbpez

3 hours ago, jbpez said:

This exact thing happened to me a few months back. The only difference was he reported it the day the book was received.  The buyer received the CGC graded 9.8 book and said "he felt like it didn't quite look like a 9.8"! no joke! I fought with him back and forth and eventually said let's leave it up to Paypal. 24 hours later, Paypal ruled in his favor. Sadly, sellers have very little chance or any type of recourse with eBay or Paypal from my experiences. Just my 2 cents. Good luck! 

This just seems massively exploitable.  

The buyer responded, getting a feel with what we are dealing with. Will paste the ebay messages between us:

Me: Hi, received a dispute on paypal. You purchased the book 5 months ago, what is the problem with the book?  ==== no response

Me: You should respond, not right what you are doing. It will reflect badly, especially since you are selling cgc graded books on ebay as well.

Buyers response: You email on Ebay for a dispute filed through PayPal and less than 12 hours later send a second email accusing me of impropriety.. Refrain from contacting me through Ebay again or I'll report you for harassment.

9 hours ago, jbpez said:

This exact thing happened to me a few months back. The only difference was he reported it the day the book was received.  The buyer received the CGC graded 9.8 book and said "he felt like it didn't quite look like a 9.8"! no joke! I fought with him back and forth and eventually said let's leave it up to Paypal. 24 hours later, Paypal ruled in his favor. Sadly, sellers have very little chance or any type of recourse with eBay or Paypal from my experiences. Just my 2 cents. Good luck! 

That's crazy!  Did the guy get to keep the book too?

1 hour ago, zeezee said:

The buyer responded, getting a feel with what we are dealing with. Will paste the ebay messages between us:

Me: Hi, received a dispute on paypal. You purchased the book 5 months ago, what is the problem with the book?  ==== no response

Me: You should respond, not right what you are doing. It will reflect badly, especially since you are selling cgc graded books on ebay as well.

Buyers response: You email on Ebay for a dispute filed through PayPal and less than 12 hours later send a second email accusing me of impropriety.. Refrain from contacting me through Ebay again or I'll report you for harassment.

Please provide this tool's ebay ID.  I'd like to block him immediately.

I once had a guy, after 6 months send me an email saying “thanks for the refund” after he did a charge back on some pressing work I had done for him. He gave the reason that I did not provide all the services he paid for. I forgot to give him an “after” scan of two books. 

54 minutes ago, joeypost said:

I once had a guy, after 6 months send me an email saying “thanks for the refund” after he did a charge back on some pressing work I had done for him. He gave the reason that I did not provide all the services he paid for. I forgot to give him an “after” scan of two books. 

What a jerk.

I will be giving a detailed update on Friday. The one thing that I have realized so far is persistence is key. Speaking to the right paypal representative is paramount, you will talk to some that don't care and do very little or even make things worse. Just following the steps via their website does nothing even if you are 100% right.