• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paypal dispute, any boardie advice would be appreciated.
1 1

89 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, zeezee said:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

thanks giving was last month lol.. happy American thanksgiving and hope it all works out for you. 

While I understand that when you call PayPal over a dispute such as this, you will most probably end up speaking with a 9-5 pencil pusher, who unless you get extremely lucky, will know nothing about comics and what a CGC graded comic actually is and how the graded grade is THE grade and that it is very hard to dispute that the buyer did not get what he/she bought. I would be beside myself on figuring out a way to “win” this dispute but it seems that PP mostly sides with the buyer. While I am not sure how to solve this mess I do know that PP should enact some better rules to help protect sellers. The example of buying a hot comic today and seeing it’s value fall by half 4-5 months later and then “disputing” it, is a very scary proposition to think about.

I just received what I am assuming is the book in the mail, has the buyers name and address on it. Paypal is still in the reviewing stage of the case and has not made a decision. Is this person out of his mind or is he that confident. Not opening it up, or should I? 

Edited by zeezee

9 minutes ago, zeezee said:

I just received what I am assuming is the book in the mail, has the buyers name and address on it. Paypal is still in the reviewing stage of the case and has not made a decision. Is this person out of his mind or is he that confident. Not opening it up, or should I?

If you do - video record it as evidence.

Not sure if you're aware of Awake's turmoil lately with a scam. Make sure you received the book that was sent.

I've NEVER had ANY issues selling on ebay, but the recent horror stories on the boards have me seriously thinking about using ComicLink, MyComicShop or another venue for selling. Seriously, who needs this hassle or drama?

Fingers crossed for you Zee.

8 hours ago, Chazgee said:

I've NEVER had ANY issues selling on ebay, but the recent horror stories on the boards have me seriously thinking about using ComicLink, MyComicShop or another venue for selling. Seriously, who needs this hassle or drama?

Fingers crossed for you Zee.

I never had problems as well, sales ranging from 6k to .99 cents, not one return on ebay. But this is setting a precedence. The culprit is paypal, the buyer is abusing the policy set by them. I had a very positive interaction with the paypal rep, and it was the second person I spoke to. The first one didn't give a rats , just went through protocol. The second rep listened and understood the situation and even asked me to upload the grader notes from cgc website. Felt confident after the phone call, but who knows, the status is still in the review stage. The fact that the buyer shipped the book back without a decision being made is puzzling. Either he is very confident or he has done this before. If the decision is in his favor, I am done using paypal. Just morally wrong, who wants to deal with a return six months after the fact. 

Edited by zeezee

14 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Well, that's stupid.

Did you at least receive the correct product in return?

The book is correct, but now we know anyone can by a book, if the value decrease in 6 months, they can return it for a full refund. PLAY BALL 

3 minutes ago, zeezee said:

The book is correct, but now we know anyone can by a book, if the value decrease in 6 months, they can return it for a full refund. PLAY BALL 

Oh, :censored:, that's this case. I got it confused with another one in which the buyer simply "disagreed" with the grade when s/he received it.

:censored: eBay for this.

Could you imagine what would happen if reputable establishments actually accepted PayPal?

"I'm sorry this beer was not to my satisfaction, here are your 6 empty cans back."
"Those tacos gave me heartburn, I'd like a refund."
"Three months later this house sprung a leak in the downstairs bathroom.  This was not disclosed in the MLS, I'm returning this property for a full refund."

Scary :censored: is that PayPal would probably rule in their favor too.

3 hours ago, zeezee said:

The case was closed in favor of the buyer, based on the info they provided. The disputed amount has been withdrawn from your PayPal balance.

Get on the phone again, and talk to the highest level supervisor you can reach - even if on hold for hours.

The helpful rep just passed you over to a 9-5 don't care guy.

Keep fighting.

As long as you described it factually as a 9.8 CGC XXXXX issue #32 and that's what it is - you shouldn't lose this.

However - if you have added, 'glowing colours, super eye-appeal erc erc' there is a point of difference to argue.

Paypal are trying to ream people for the extra 3%.

Don't give up. I fought over a book for 4 months - even after the buyer was refunded. I eventually bugged Paypal so much, they found in my favour.

Now with the book - inspect it thoroughly. IF THERE IS SO MUCH AS A SCRATCH OPEN A COUNTER CLAIM AS NOT BEING RETURNED IN THE SAME CONDITION.

Good for the goose. Good for the gander.