• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] FS: X-Men 94 (just added), raws, and a couple SS reprints (76, 81-sold)

24 posts in this topic

Imagine a world where the last original X-Men story was X-Men #66...

Necessities:

Payment:  In addition to PayPal, I will also accept check/money order/Zelle (which I was just introduced to today!), though the book will be held until clearance.  Payment due within 10 business days, none of these are priced high enough to consider time payments.    

Shipping (domestic): 
- CGC graded:  USPS insured priority.  Shipping cost is included in the book's price.  
- Raw:  One book, its your choice between USPS first class (included in book's price) or USPS priority flat rate envelope (add $4).  Multiple purchases automatically ship USPS flat rate, no additional charge.

International Shipping on anything - please inquire first.

Returns: 
- CGC graded:  No returns on CGC graded books unless I make an error in the listing or fail to disclose a problem.  If by chance the USPS goes above and beyond to defeat my packaging and the slab is damaged in transit, prior to doing ANYTHING ELSE, save all the packing material and contact me.  USPS regulations have been beefed up to require the packing material being available for inspection (pictures suffice based on experience) in order to file a proper insurance claim. 
- Raws:  Returns on raws will be accepted if requested within 7 business days if we have a substantial disagreement on grade/condition, or again if I made a listing error or failed to disclose a flaw.  Standard eBay excuses not accepted - my cat arranged this sale, my 9 year old bought this without my permission, my car had a heart attack, my grandmother needs new brakes, etc.

On the HoS?  Don't bother.  Probation list?  Message me first and we'll talk about your situation, but don't be overly optimistic.

Can provide board references if needed (no name dropping here), and nearing 1700 positive eBay feedback as well -- https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=792mn

First :takeit:wins outright, offers by PM always welcome.  Buy multiple books to potentially set yourself up for a better deal :gossip:

Edited by mattn792

First up -- X-Men #76, reprints the first appearance of the Banshee.  1 of only 6 signature series copies in the census, this SS 9.0 was signed by writer Roy Thomas.  This book gets crazy expensive in the top grades (I saw a blue label 9.6 go for over $3k), but oddly enough 9.0 is the most common grade in the census.  Go figure.

I can't find any recent sales of graded copies.  So, submitted for your consideration... -- $175 --

76 front.JPG

76 rear.JPG

Next we have X-Men #81, reprints issue 33.  This SS 7.5 is one of only two Signature Series copies in the census (the other is a 9.6).  Signed by none other than Stan Lee, who helped create the character.

I see a couple recent blue label sales -- a 9.2 for $150 and a 9.6 for $276.  Factoring in Stan's signature, I'm going to put this one at -- $150 --

SOLD!

Spoiler

81 front.jpg

Spoiler

81 rear.jpg

Edited by mattn792
Mark sold

9 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Next we have X-Men #81, reprints issue 33.  This SS 7.5 is one of only two Signature Series copies in the census (the other is a 9.6).  Signed by none other than Stan Lee, who helped create the character.

I see a couple recent blue label sales -- a 9.2 for $150 and a 9.6 for $276.  Factoring in Stan's signature, I'm going to put this one at -- $150 --

81 front.jpg

81 rear.jpg

:takeit:

Raws kicking off today and probably adding throughout the week.  Start with (Uncanny) X-Men 128, which wraps up the Proteus storyline.  

Book has several small spine tics on the front and back cover, though they're much less noticeable on the back due to the white background.  A number of non-color breaking bends on both covers.  Very solid overall, I'm comfortable calling this one a 7.0.

-$20-

Sold to @Djohnson321

Spoiler

128 front.jpg

Spoiler

128 rear.jpg

Edited by mattn792

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Raws kicking off today and probably adding throughout the week.  Start with (Uncanny) X-Men 128, which wraps up the Proteus storyline.  

Book has several small spine tics on the front and back cover, though they're much less noticeable on the back due to the white background.  A number of non-color breaking bends on both covers.  Very solid overall, I'm comfortable calling this one a 7.0.

-$20-

128 front.jpg

128 rear.jpg

Take

(Uncanny) X-Men 133 -- Wolverine lashes out!  Well loved.  Moderate spine wear, and very substantial amount of non-color breaking bends and creases.  Roughly 1" vertical tear on the bottom of the back cover, near the spine.  2.5 seems about right.

-$5-

Sold to @SkOw

Spoiler

133 front.jpg

Spoiler

133 rear.jpg

Edited by mattn792

(Uncanny) X-Men 134 -- Dark Phoenix!  Makes for great comics, and terrible movies.  

Anyway, this one presents way better than the grade I'm going to give it.  Spine stress is actually pretty minor.  Color breaking creases to both upper and lower front cover corners, and the rear lower corner.  Moderate amount of non-color breaking bends and such.  However, the kicker -- when held to the light you see a substantial amount of some kind of residue in the X-Men logo on the front, and spanning all four edges of the back cover.  Whatever the substance was, it looks like it was brushed on.  Calling this book a 3.0

-$8-

Sold to @SkOw

Spoiler

134 front.jpg

Spoiler

134 rear.jpg

Edited by mattn792

(Uncanny) X-Men 135.  Dark Phoenix has that look in her eye...

Another one presenting much better than its assigned grade.  A number of small color-breaking tics and bends along the edges of both covers.  There's also a small spot on the bottom edge of the back cover where it looks like the book got wet and subsequently dried out.  No other signs of moisture noted.  Moderate non-color breaking bends throughout both covers.  Call this one a 5.0.

-$8-

135 front.jpg

135 rear.jpg

(Uncanny) X-Men 137 - Death of Phoenix.  First of many.  

Two words - B eautiful.  Three more words - Except the spine.  The photos tell the story better than words.  This seems like a book where a very detail oriented pressing professional could possibly get this into the low 9.0s.  As is though, I give it a 6.0.

-$20-

137 front.jpg

137 rear.jpg

(Uncanny) X-Men 127.  Substantial creasing and back cover discoloration.  Also some impact lines (as if something was traced or written on with this book underneath it) visible in the light on the front cover.  3.0.

-$5-

Sold to @SkOw

Spoiler

EPSON013.JPG

Spoiler

EPSON014.JPG

Edited by mattn792

Let's get serious for a minute...

X-Men 94!  Second new team.  First new story in the series since issue #66.  A fantastic add to any X-Men collection.

Recent sales of 9.0s that I saw were between $800 - $1000.  What sets this one apart is the excellent spine alignment, and even more elusive, the white pages designation.  Going to price this one at -$950-

94 front.JPG

94 rear.JPG

On 11/24/2019 at 1:07 PM, mattn792 said:

(Uncanny) X-Men 133 -- Wolverine lashes out!  Well loved.  Moderate spine wear, and very substantial amount of non-color breaking bends and creases.  Roughly 1" vertical tear on the bottom of the back cover, near the spine.  2.5 seems about right.

-$5-

133 front.jpg

133 rear.jpg

On 11/24/2019 at 1:17 PM, mattn792 said:

(Uncanny) X-Men 134 -- Dark Phoenix!  Makes for great comics, and terrible movies.  

Anyway, this one presents way better than the grade I'm going to give it.  Spine stress is actually pretty minor.  Color breaking creases to both upper and lower front cover corners, and the rear lower corner.  Moderate amount of non-color breaking bends and such.  However, the kicker -- when held to the light you see a substantial amount of some kind of residue in the X-Men logo on the front, and spanning all four edges of the back cover.  Whatever the substance was, it looks like it was brushed on.  Calling this book a 3.0

-$8-

134 front.jpg

134 rear.jpg

11 hours ago, mattn792 said:

(Uncanny) X-Men 127.  Substantial creasing and back cover discoloration.  Also some impact lines (as if something was traced or written on with this book underneath it) visible in the light on the front cover.  3.0.

-$5-

EPSON013.JPG

EPSON014.JPG

:takeit: